Monday, December 03, 2007

Photog!

Me caught napping with a very weird arm.

Morgan family Christmas. This is pretty much the first run since both bitch ass kids and husband need to be chased/bathed/groomed before I can really call it a good portrait. Each of them are scowling at me, and I'm fine with it.

Take One!

Take Two! (We call this Simon Sandwich)
Take Three! Better if the little one didn't look like a dog-zombie.
Take Four!Take Five!
Take Six. Continued Disinterest. Except me.... I know how this works. This is a family sized "pig-in-a-blanket" No one knows how to fucking smile. In fact the majority of them won't even acknowledge the camera. I'm a ham.... I love being photo'd long as there is no chins.


I have given up.

But alas Mr. Morgan got these shot of the tree, because he's obviously steady. I shit myself when I saw them. I swear this is EXACTLY what it's like to look through a shattered cornea.

The refractions are just like this, and I have spent over a year trying to explain what it is like to other people to have an eye that does this all day, and all night. I ... falter for words that he captured it and I could show you all what I see through every day and why I won't drive far, and why I miss appointments or ask for a lift to lunch.

On drugs, that is a good time, but for life? Class action baby. I elate that I can finally share what my vision in one eye is like, so rare can you precisely give a tangible example of something medical. I'm happy the eye itself doesn't look how it did then, so that alone is a gift. I look normal, but I'm not. Which THANKS I wasn't clumsy enough with two good eyes right? Let's go ahead and hit the other one with an acid trip. Anyhow....

The formal photos should come soon, it's a struggle to get the Mister to do it, and I am demanding and specific artisically, but who did he think he married? Slob around all you want otherwise but playing with my art ideas ... no, oh no. I can get one of the Army to do it proper if I have to, they will likely come for food or liquor, or both, point is, it will be done soonish. Merry merry!

-DM

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As one whom you've tried to explain your vision to, I appreciate finally knowing. I wasn't too far off in my conception of it though.

I love the family portrait shots. lmao, reminded me of this (if you can get links) only with dogs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhcA4Ry65FU&feature=PlayList&p=F6AFCA200E91A58E&index=35

10:45 AM  
Blogger DMorgan's Zoo said...

I remember that video, total riot and it is much like that getting the Morgan's to conform. I threatened each of them with a hat tonight, and they think I'm bullshitting.... but I WILL get my fucking photo.

7:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the family photos! A lot like my own. I'm sorry for your vision woes...I couldn't imagine how frustrating that would be.

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home