Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Two Points for Honesty

Thanks to those who are either of capable of blowing air up my ass, or really have faith in me. Many of you have told me that I outrank the average, and somehow that does give my life a lot of meaning. I appreciate you all being there.

Kylee's birthday is up, link is on the right.

For anyone who doesn't know Guster, dig in with a big spoon, a little one would insult them. I had forgetten about this song, and my GreenHopper said something that struck home and made me recall it's words. I'm taken aback by being told of my talents, and worth. I really don't know what to make of it except to be grateful and take advice to not let shit get me down and waste perfectly good useage of myself. I generally think that I rock, but the turns downs for work has really made me question it. I'll turn a feather and not let GreenHopper or anyone else down, including myself by giving up. It's hard though, depression has quite a hearty handshake. The below is an awesome song in general, but a lot is to that Hopper for telling me to sack the fuck up and stop living in self pity. I don't have to like it, but I appreciate tough love, complete honesty (and i do mean COMPLETE, sometimes harsh!) and a proper kick in the ass whenever I need it. I love yous!!!!

I think we could all take a lead from this tune, I can think of at least one aspiration from each of my repeat readers that have gone wayside instead of chased. Never too late, if I gotta, you're coming with. I am fortunate and blessed to know some insanely creative people who ... like me perhaps, just need to pounce.



By the way, at the about 3:02 mark... dude with the belt? Identical to what I was hawking the the interview hat day except blue.

-DM

4 Comments:

Blogger MissNev said...

Great song! I like Guster but I hadn't heard that one. I really needed to hear that...I think we all do now and then.

3:53 PM  
Blogger Khadra said...

It's not much of a wonder that you are kind of down right now. Rejection sucks. Just know that the rejection isnt because there is something wrong with you but that maybe the jobs arent right for you, or maybe the slip in confidence is showing through. I dont know, but I do know that you will get through this, and you are pretty fabulous :)

10:24 AM  
Blogger DMorgan's Zoo said...

I am more apt to think Khahdra that people often don't know how to take me. I'm not aggressive or otherwise odd, but definitely not likely who is expected. Or my tattoos and nose stud continue to fail me. Who knows. Thanks, I am pretty damned fabulous.

3:55 PM  
Blogger DMorgan's Zoo said...

Adding - if anything I'm over confident in person. It's at home with retrospect that I wonder if I was too much, and it's entirely possible. As different as I am, I'm never sorry for it, and have been told I should tone down - lol like I'm marching into an interview wearinf a pink boa and a a soundtrack. I suppose I just answer things in.. my way. Call me sometime Khadra, it'll be crystal clear.

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home