Monday, October 08, 2012

Not yo mamas jack o lantern

Anyone else already bitching that it's cold in the mornings?  I seem to be taking it personally this year, yelling at my long sleeved shirts and accusing them of being in on it somehow.


Costumes.  I don't remember dressing up, except for the possibility of one of those unisex, felt, pumkpin get-ups that are every inch as itchy as they look and when peppered with a bit of candy induced perspiration, turn into a maddening sandpaper in places that as a kid, you didn't even know yet could get itchy.  We also had a strawberry version that must have been garage sale binned at a buck and a half.   Part of me thinks my mother may have sewn those things... I must get my ability to build something crazy from a pack of matches and a rubber band.

These are really impressive, and mostly new to me.  So what was your favorite costume as a kid?

- DM

1 Comments:

Anonymous MissNev said...

So cool! I wish I had the patience and the talent! One of my favorite costumes as a kid was the Roadrunner! Both of my sisters were princesses....not me!

6:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home