Monday, April 30, 2007

Everyone die?

Can't a girl get a fucking comment now and then? C'mon it's fair, I give a little to you, give a little back. Shit at least make me feel acknowledged. If you think I'm going to wear a big ass chicken hat on film and share it without a hint of feedback well.... no chicken for you! Not even the gristle hunk that is on the drumstick.

I had other plans for today's entry, but sadly, there has been a death in the family.

My kindred spirit, my faithful friend of 3 years died over the weekend, presumably on his own to save me the torture of watching it happen. With the lack of comments lately I wonder if he wrote letters before hand telling everyone of my true nature and to cease talking me altogether. I'm sure the letter would read as so....

"Dear Army,

I've been a soldier here for 3 years. It's been arduous, but reasonable once you learn the ropes. The meals aren't tasty, but are served with regularity. I have to say lately, my health isn't what it was when I began this trip. I don't really care to be touched and my environment has turned into somewhat of a rainforest. Our leader however refuses to pull back the troops, and I can't guess the motivations behind that. Having said this, I encourage you to go AWOL or you too could be next.

Finned,

Filbert IV"

R.I.P.

I am a murderer. Triple. First the turtles now my very loved Filbert.

The turtles were understandable, and frankly we hadn't made a 3 year bond. Filbert was my desk fish and my salvation by way of making office jokes on the sly to lighten my mood when things seemed at their worst. He was a really cool betta and I don't know what happened over the weekend. Mr. Morgan thinks it's funny and keeps singing "This used to be my Filbert" to the tune of Madonna's -used to be my playground- song. He trooped through two murder attempts by Bosslady and took it like chewing on a box of nails, spitting them to the ground in defiance and gilling the words "what else you got?"

While I made light of the turtles, and the guilt of doing SOMETHING wrong still weighs on me, Filbert's death is a massive bummer to me. 3 years of counting on at least one thing to great me in a good mood. He never failed. Soldier on, as Bosslady's Daughter said.... "he's swimming into the stars."

-DM

7 Comments:

Blogger Jacq said...

Sorry to hear about Filbert. He's now swimming with the fishes. (Sorry, I just couldn't resist) Yes, I'm bad and gallows humour is terrible.

7:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sincere condolences for Filbert. He will rest in peace with Fredo. What is the lifespan of a beta? Maybe old age got him? Once again, sorry for the news.

xo

11:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your hair looks awesome!!!! Very sexy.

8:55 AM  
Blogger diana albright said...

I have to agree with Prada... very awesome hair. I remember you had it dark some time ago and even Mr. Moon thought to mention that it looked good on you.

Fil was very dear to me also, as I have had the pleasure of being his fish-sitter for the last 2 years anytime you were away. I so miss how excited he used to get whenever I wore pink.

10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry for your loss. I used to have an aquarium, but I couldn't take the heartache of losing the occupants. I hope Filbert is in a better place.

I concur....your hair looks fantastic. Sorry for the lack of comments, but I'm in a serious funk and not even remotely chatty (very unusual for me).

11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Filbert IV was the best damn fish I ever met. Hands down. I've met prettier, but that little guy was the smartest fish ever. Seriously, the fish world has suffered a great loss, and he will be missed by all who knew him. That fucker would let you pet him. And his favorite color was orange. Goodbye Filbert and Godspeed.

10:42 AM  
Blogger DMorgan's Zoo said...

Dont make me cry... gd it. Too late. Thank you tho BLD.

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home