Wednesday, October 28, 2009

But Swimming is Fun

I told you. I totally100 percent fucking told all of you that my complete meltdown of trans-versing the Bay Bridge was valid. That piece of metal taunting shit has been on my radar since 1989 when it did this:


I have not once before nor after ever directed my husband to speed and get me off that thing. In 2007 it hadn't improved it's credentials much, a ship drove into it and made things tricky again.

As of this morning, after an extremely short "fix it" a month or so ago, it's now closed indefinitely? Maybe premature reporting.

All I can say is I knew it! I said that bastard was a deathtrap, short funded and over loaded with traffic and weight just aiming to suck me into the abyss the one time I had to cross it. I'm glad it's shut down. I spit on that bridge with determination that would probably loosen another of it's bolts, as it's so very proven stable.

"The whole Bay Bridge is slated to be replaced in 2013, said Patrick Siegman, a transportation planner at Nelson Nygaard Consulting Associates, a national transportation planning firm based in San Francisco.

The bridge is "really showing its age," he said. "It's kind of a race against time to finish the new bridge before the next quake hits."

Winds increased vibration by the rods that were fatigued and ultimately failed, he said. "It was a contributing factor, but not necessarily the only factor, and we are analyzing what the factors are right now," he said.

The factors are that the god damned thing is done and done! All the whiny bitches who were inconvenienced need to shut it, they are saying cables were not doing their job. CABLES, on a fucking bridge assholes! Can't get to work if you plummet into the bay, so seriously, take your bullshit whaaa whaa whaa the fuck home and be happy it was halted before you died trying to get to a job you hate anyhow.



- DM

3 Comments:

Anonymous BLD said...

Excellent post - very funny, and you're so right. and all those whiners probably do hate their jobs and the commute that takes them from their cozy homes.

9:38 AM  
Blogger Khadra said...

are you a little annoyed? I cant tell...

lol

8:45 AM  
Blogger DMorgan's Zoo said...

Lol naw, just my usual sarcasm and impatience for people who have none. Creepishly ironic.

Seriously, what better excuse to be extremely late to work than to be handed such a lovely excuse. Thousands of people were scrambling for alternate transportation.... that's a morning off you thankless bastards.

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home