Friday, January 24, 2014

Calling all shoppers....

Ever feel like the last "Blue Light Special" item in that small centrally placed location perfect for an obscene rush of over-zealous kmart shoppers.  You stood a serious chance of losing a finger in that fray, no joke, but explaining this analogy to my staff of young.... hopefuls, lands upon blank yet ever so well intended stares.  What the fuck is a KMart, and was the blue light special totally rave and strobe?  I don't know how to reply because I don't abbreviate my speech when speaking.  That said, I am the lone blue light special item so beaten to the left, right, diagonal and shit math hasn't even made up yet.  Nothing worrysome, just one of those weeks you melt into the sofa and in watching the most depraved of shit TV one can find, and mirror comparisons are considered.  Without the royalties.

 I think the full moon lasted extra and I forever am reminded of residents in a care facility I worked for - a man with a walker in pursuit of a lady in her wheelchair - both in entirely slow motion beyond any joy I could hope for to suspend this chase - he yelling in vain "She's got my teeth!"

To this day I have no idea if she indeed made off with his dentures, but I say if she did.... there was some sort of underground warranted resident war secret to the nursing staff and maybe he said something flip across the room at supper and she was like... fuck that, I'm taking his teeth and maybe that cocksucker won't bitch so much about applesauce. 

I just know I didn't stop them... it wasn't high speed and I am not one to treat elderly different, most of them are the same full witted people they've always been - like me, who doesn't feel my age.  I'm glad she made off with the teeth.  In my perfect imagination she made a puppet of them and said nasty shit in tune with each clackity of the fakes to mock him once he caught up with her.

A little delight.  I like his voice many and I miss original music.  Maybe I'm looking in the wrong circles.

- DM

6 Comments:

Blogger Saffyrre said...

Sending love and hugs your way. Love the story about the old lady with teeth. I hope she made a puppet out of them too!

As far as music goes...and original...if you didn't do it yet, please listen to John Grant. Especially the song "Queen of Denmark". Phenomenal.

9:26 PM  
Blogger Saffyrre said...

OH by the way, I worked at Kmart in high school. Nothing like the blue light special!!!!

9:26 PM  
Blogger Saffyrre said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:28 PM  
Blogger Saffyrre said...

John Grant - Queen of Denmark

Please listen! :)

9:29 PM  
Blogger DMorgan's Zoo said...

You did NOT work at Kmart! Jesus, do you have any idea how insanely curious that makes me? I have questions, am giddy from them! I haven't seen a kmart in so long I wonder if blue lights are gone.

7:44 PM  
Blogger Saffyrre said...

I think Kmart is out of business. We had a normal sized one in a mall (that's the one I worked at in both the shoe dept & registers) and then they built a "supersize" one further down in town to compete with Walmart I guess. Didn't work and they went belly-up within a few years. I had to do some of those blue lights!!!

8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home