Monday, November 20, 2006

L33T

Our weekend was, well interesting. Mr. Morgan had that look in his eye for a couple of weeks....... the look a man gets when he is mentally conjuring up the right words to say he wants something very expensive.

I'd been watching the look, and noticing some whispering phone calls, and I knew conversation topic was great excitement over the item.

And ladies, I don't know about your men but anytime mine begins with "So listen.... I was thinking...." it means he wants something and is about to justify it's price as though I care what he spends. But I always let him flounder around, explaining how it's completely reasonable and in the long run will save humanity and end all the war on earth. Or whatever it is he thinks he needs to explain about making a purchase. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate him letting me know when he's going to drop a couple hunskies, I just think it's rather cute. He never asks, which he needn't, just really goes into a tirade of WHY it's a necessary addition to the house. It's funny and I sit with a very amused raised eyebrow listening to it.

This time it was the nintendo wii. Apparently wii is pronounced We. Ok.

Much like the playstation, people were camping in tents with little bbq fires in front ofthem at every store we checked out. They were an agreeable bunch for how cold it is and were eager to chat us up with what they knew about stock and what time chaos would ensue.

At the Best Buy there was a family with I fuck you not, TEN kids. I know some of those little fuckers were borrowed. That's total greed and I'd not have noticed if the line campers we chatted to didn't bring it up with a bitter hostility on their breath. The scene was apt to turn into a crazed war of ... lol, gamers. That's sorta funny in and of itself.

So I woke up Sunday to a note on the pillow from Mr. Morgan saying he could not in his very soul live another minute without a wii lest the demons would rip him into 24 equal sized chunks. He was gone for many, many hours.

He came back with one, victorious and laughing that behind him were two older gay men, just talking away, and with him as well. At some point a couple of teens tried to cut in line and Mr. Morgan was having none of that. I remind you, it's ass cold in the mornings here and he'd been camping this limited supply item since extremely early in the morning. He's not a violent sort, but being 6'5 and .... well how he looks, I guess it can influence people to comply sometimes. Following, he said the gay fellows clapped and gushed.

"Ooooooo.... papi I thought ju were going hurt heem!"

Funny shit. Anyway, that all I have for now. I'm on vaca in two days..... holy impatience!

-DM

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We use to play the original Nintendo together...ahhhh memories

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm from the Atari Pong generation! I've never made it past Ms. Pac Man!

11:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mail + Box + Christmas = Friday or Saturday.

1:04 PM  
Blogger DMorgan's Zoo said...

Oooooo I love threats of presents!!! Now I guess I gotta post my vacation song dedications. Ok ok.

1:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought you did already and removed them as some sort of punishment. I'm sorry I didn't make the cut. Maybe next year.

2:49 PM  
Blogger DMorgan's Zoo said...

No I didn't. I said nothing in fact. And how would I dedicate a song to someone I don't know? Short of ICP's Ain't Yo Bidness, I come up lacking. Should share more about yourself without false pretenses and you may qualify next time.

5:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now I'm really hurt.

2:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a soft spot for consoles as that is how the hubster and I met! GO DREAMCAST!!! weeeeeee

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home