Wednesday, July 18, 2007

North Pole

I have been terribly tempermental lately because of temperature. I get really fucking nuts when cold and god dammit all I am is cold lately. Bosslady rolls the thermostat low enough to produce snow, and I come home to Mr. Morgan insisting it's nothing less than Hades if it's 75. Seems trite, but I've slept with a heating pad, and four blankets for a week... I am fucking FREEZING! Can't I have one portion of my day warm?

I have crazy finger warping with arthritis, it jutts to the side and more. Enough that I'm hiding my right hand. I get stiff, I need heat that is seemingly unreasonable. Grandmaster likes to set my shit at 65 at work. Don't. It makes me hurt. I wish I could tell Bosslady the same but she relates any pain I have to pain she also has. If she can do it, why can't I. Because I don't suck it up for the sake of it. I appreciate being comfortable, I'm not a fan of hurting so I can prove that I can take it.

Petty perhaps, but, I cannot tolerate cold. Yes, it is hot in Nevada at the moment, but 65 fucking degrees is not ok. I have sweaters, socks... all that shit, take the menopause elsewhere, I've been in meno for years and don't need to cool a place like a meat locker. I try hard to bring a winter wardrobe because I know most like it cold, but someone give me a fucking break.

/end bitch rant. Just make it god damned reasonable, I will act out soon if shit doesn't change.

-DM

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm also cold when others are swealtering. I have a small space heater I keep under my desk and it's on pretty much every single day.

11:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love sleeping under four blankets, and tend to set a/c on highest so I can do that even in the summer. I thought you'd won the temperature wars w/Bosslady...maybe it was previously in deference to Phil IV.

12:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHA! Boss just came in from outside and said "I can't believe you have your heater on in the middle of July!"

2:22 PM  
Blogger DMorgan's Zoo said...

Bosslady bought me an underdesk heater last year, it was very nice until it recently started an electrical fire (if you recall). She also did pump the air so high even the Filbert was wearing a coat and signing his will.

It's really only a rant because it was so many days in a row. My brain started to get really upset and twitchy.

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home