Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Who knows the Muffin Man

We all loved you Zelds. You pissed on me and I didn't care in the least, nor did you.

Nothing too tempting to report other than most gifts have arrived. Every box I get is followed by a trail of dogs who somehow think it is for them, if not now, later. My door is closed while I'm away. I mailed the remaining MRE package to an office associate, who brought us muffins recently and wouldn't (couldn't?) stop raving to my boss about me. Nice nice, and yet I reward this behavior with an MRE? See explanation below. I really find it hilarious, and guess he will too. Be better if my boss said nice things to me, but I'll take what I can get. Really, all I do is make him laugh, so if iit gets us muffins and praise.... shit, well done chap.

----

Hi ________

So I was sitting at home staring at the hideous piles of wrapped things I once called my money. Every year I make up Christmas packs for the staff, just little trinkets and what not to kick off the holiday.

Then…… /beat, …… word…. got …. out. Worse than a sewing circle, people began to clamor for bags of junk that retail at 10 bucks each tops. And let me tell you – they are ready to fight for the damned things as I watch with great interest and start a bucket for the betting money on who is going to scrap the best. My tidy list of 6 went to 12, and this year 24….. with people still stomping feet and sulking for not making the cut.

Was talking to ______________ earlier, and if you recall that poor chicken got a pedicure this last convention and took up with a rash I’m told was formidable. How can’t I make it up to her, she spoils me with chocolate, just doesn’t know that when I say “It’s my pleasure, just get my chocolate.” That I am kidding, I don’t eat that stuff. I only had one kit left and thought oh no….. ______!

So I wandered the house, dogs following me like a piece of cheese because to them….. that’s really all I am, a walking vending machine, and there it was…… in the corner. The room went dark and a spotlight appeared to illuminate it.

No shit, it’s an MRE (meals ready to eat). I thought to myself, he once fed us, let’s feed him! I can’t lie and say it’s not a smart ass gift, but I was out of the good packs!

Nothing in there is …. Ok back up. I almost said nothing in there is gross, but I was meaning contaminated or otherwise compromised. Frankly it’s all gross on varying levels and left over from one of my antics (remember I write for a website because _____ (MY JOB NAME)____ doesn’t make me All I Can Be) where I ate those vile packs for 3 days. I planned for a week of nothing but MRE’s but after 3 days of it my body was leaving threatening notes on my pillow and I had to call the experiment off. My crew agreed we had gotten sufficient footage, and my intestines thanked them deeply.

They really aren’t so bad, and good to have in a pinch. Best I could do, my dogs and husband think it’s reasonable but they are known liars (one of the dogs speaks only Russian), and I suspect they simply want the thing out of the house. My Mister grins every time something leaves the property, only to frown when I come home sacking in twice as much.

So MERRY CHRISTMAS to you and your family!

---

To anyone who hasn't received a pack yet, you didn't ask, or it's in the mail.

-DM

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha, I still have a nearly full case of MREs. I guess I never thought to gift them!

10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MREs - if I could spread them with cream cheese they would become as acceptable as fruitcake.

12:14 PM  
Blogger Saffyrre said...

ROFL all that explanation then suddenly - So merry christmas to you and your family! LOL! Love it!

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home