Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Compliments

"So I had a friend asking my advice about marriage."
"Oh?" says I.
"Yes, I was very complimentary towards you."
"Wonderful."
"I told her, that marriage is the best thing you can do even though it's often inconvenient."

/beat.

"I'm an invconvenience?"
"Well..... sure."

/WTF!

"And you somehow thought this was GOOD advice to this girl? I'm sorry, I missed the compliment."
"Certainly."
"You've lost your mind, and used the wrong word. Why not say marriage is tricky?"
"Because I meant that word."
"Totally uncool. Inconvenient, I am somehow inhibiting you from shit? Like what, name it. Missing out on hookers? Have I kept you from something you direly need?"
"It was a compliment."
"Compliment when? Just say pain in the ass. Inconvenient is like... bitch is calling when I'm hiring a stripper! Inconvenient is saying that I somehow am a thorn that is washed with alcohol now and then to soothe the scream. Great fucking advice for a new couple!"

Prada, come beat the sense into your brother before I do. We are, at least I didn't think, inconveniencing one another. Little harsh for fucks sake! I'll hinder my ass into never touching another kitchen pot, counter and load of laundry and see if he wants to redefine that word. Inconvenience his own ass to his own god damned chores and see if the defination becomes a bit more appropriate. I'm a rocking wife who yes, is a pain in the ass, but anyone wanna name a spouse who isn't? He could do a whole lot worse, and Prada can testify this is man who needed beatings from a young age as he is the sloppiest person I've met. The peanut butter lathen knives on the carpet, and when he finishes a drink he sets it on the counter, because the garbage can isn't "really" there. It's just inconvenient. Magic happens to make his laundry hung (and let me tell you... this man undresses like he's a fucking prince, always inside out, doubling my time to hang it). Inconvenient is not a word I'd have sliced off the barrel. I'm half laughing, but .... with a very raised brow.

-DM

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Inconvenient? Absolutely wrong word! Is he dyslexic? Usually, I'm all about playing devil's advocate and throwing out the "perhaps he meant this or that." I'm at a loss here though. WTF? How can having someone there to do your cooking, cleaning, support, intimacy, etc. be an inconvenience??? I prefer the words "tricky" or even "difficult" or "not always easy." But "inconvenient?" I think he needs to spend some time on his naughty rug and think about what he really meant to say.

10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha Ha Ha

1:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MissNev always thinks the naughty rug is a good idea, lol. I agree, the word is confusing...unless he was talking about how his care and feeding can be inconvenient for you. Please ask him to explain. I remain confused.

4:30 PM  
Blogger diana albright said...

i'm going to go home tonight and ask mr. moon what he thinks of that. i wonder if it is a guy thing, and since he and mr. morgan get along so well, maybe mr. moon can shed some light on the subject. if it were mine that said it, i might be a little inconvenienced to even acknowledge him.

4:49 PM  
Blogger Saffyrre said...

Has he explained to you yet how inconvenience is a compliment? I'd really like to know the answer to that!

2:11 PM  
Blogger DMorgan's Zoo said...

He has not, but I didn't ask again. I'm not too slighted, was simply taken aback at the choice of words. It's ok, the marriage gods smited him with nether ingrowns to help him understand the meaning better.

6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home