Saturday, January 05, 2008

Hacked.

It'll grow back. I went to task today with scissors trying to re-achieve THIS.

I walked into Mr. Morgan's room holding my shakey pile of choppy leftovers with a frown and he asked if I was going to bury it.

I'm at stage one, which means "Did you seriously fuck up?" Next stage is the dark brown dye, then really piss my scalp off by putting my streaks back in. I seem to enjoy misery. It's rather curious that long hair made me nuts for months and months and months, and now that I put the stop sign up, I feel like I'm missing something intrical.

It had gotten to the point - and really I have fine, thin, nothing to it hair - that I couldn't even comb myself proper after a shower. The stack of it tangled as if in a fight and struggle to the death. It was taking me 30 minutes just to sort out the war each time I bathed, and this was after a detangler spray. 30 minutes to comb a head is not reasonable, and I was losing a lot of hair trying to fight the battle, hair that cannot be spared no less. I've always worn my hair short-ish, but it's been such a long time since a clipping so I'm a bit blinky and ... dare I say shy?

I've told Mr. Morgan "Oh my god don't look at me!" And he really doesn't even when I have hair, so not sure why I have gone self conscious. Not a slight, he just doesn't see "hair" when looking at me, or anyone else. See why I have so many hats? Thinking ahead (no pun) of what I might do. Lol the sound of those scissors snapping and clipping is addictive, then you end up bald pacing the bathroom floor wondering how you were so easilly enticed.

So off to dye this shit, and tomorrow come the highlights, which I've missed, then we style and see how much I have fucked up. Pray I don't have to pull a Britney.

-Later update.... my hair is black. I checked the box, certain it lied, but the new dark brown is I guess fucking BLACK! I wasn't trying to go goth, or make a statement, now with cut off hair that has gone BLACK, I look like I've went and freaked out for a desperate grab at not turning 30. For fucks sake.

-DM

7 Comments:

Blogger Saffyrre said...

I'm sure it will turn out absolutely gorgeous!

5:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could just throw a new hat over it for awhile. Um, nevermind.

6:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd love to see a picture. You are so adorable I can't imagine it turning out anything but lovely.

1:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LMAO, she is gorgeous and adorable - true. But as a goth princess, she could use a few more chrome accessories.

You know I love the song Mme DM. I've had fleas, bees AND birds in my hair at one time or another over the years. Still working on the hirsute toga though. :-)

6:05 PM  
Blogger DMorgan's Zoo said...

My kingdom for BLD's hair. I sneak a sniff on it often. Shit my fingers get drummy just thinking of braiding of playing about in that massive pile of NO FAIR!

7:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh sure, it's all fun and games until you offer to wash and style it at BM! There's a heckuvalotta hair in there!

11:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and bees!

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home