Sunday, March 16, 2008

Visitors

We had the puppy play date this weekend, which sent us into a full charge "oh my god clean the house" panic.

I thought on this later in the day, as my muscles ached from .... moving my limbs other than to type. As I thought about it, why do we clean our homes for company? Shouldn't our guests not be lied to and know that we live in a constant state of gross? /if thwy don't like it, they can simply not return. Seems a farce to clean all day, pretend that what they see is normal and yet STILL say "forgive the mess." when it's the cleanest your house has been in months. I found that interesting.

I didn't bother to clean my studio, I shifted boxes. When I visit my in-laws I don't charge into their bedrooms and alike, so why should they need a tour they got a few years ago. It's still the same house, just more stuff and more giraffes. There is no need to show the layout, and more-so, show the layout of our rented home of 5 years. We have no guarantee to keep it, and to their credit.... as I would do..... what does one really say? Oh look! Another room! How proud you must be!

All sillyness.

I have much more to say, but am cooking dinner for Mr. Morgan, which ultimately will end up in the mouth of a dog, preparing my bag for tomorrows doctor appt. and assembling the Leprechaun outfit. Yes I know I look absurd in it, but I paid money to own it and may as well wear the damn thing, even if to make someone laugh and have a story to go home with. "Some people take holidays way too seriously" would be fine by me.

"Want to feed Kylee a chicken wing? It's really funny"
"No, I've seen dogs eat, you didnt let her get the bone did you?"
"No look!" as he proudly hows how good a puppy is at cleaning a chicken wing.

-DM

4 Comments:

Blogger Saffyrre said...

EEEEK No chicken bones!! Hee hee! I know what you mean about the cleaning thing, even when we're only having Alan's family over, we go into frantic cleaning mode when the house just gets destroyed again when they're here by my daughter and her 4 yr old cousin. Crazy!

9:19 PM  
Blogger MissNev said...

And where are the pictures of the St. Patty's Day outfit??

12:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I commiserate with you entirely on the subject of house cleaning. Currently, I have a social services woman now 5 days late to check my digs to make sure they are not too filthy for a kid who would otherwise be living in an alley. Kid and I both say, who cares how messy it is, but we are doing the dishes as diligently as is possible for a slob and a teenager.

I'm determined not to apologize for the mess, but I've a sinking feeling I will sucumb to that shame. What really gets my goat is that people far worse than I are better at hiding their flaws.

12:31 PM  
Blogger MissNev said...

You don't have to sugar coat it, BLD! I know!

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home