Friday, July 28, 2006

Hurrah.

Well shit. (who starts a post like THAT? hm!)

I do want to note that I appreciate that you all enjoyed your accolades. Spelling?

I guess this will be the last before I head to the sunny shores. Much as I planned not too, I have more clothing packed than remotely necessary. I am even, before leaving, know that I packed shit I have no intention of ever wearing, that is how greedy I am about being separated from my belongings.

I once had a, I guess you would call it a toy, odd toy, but I guess it was a toy and when I saw it I went full on freak out until it was mine. You know how kids can lose their fucking minds, then are told ok fine, and the tears instantly dry up in a way that makes you want to slap them for the fake tantrum, and yet they'd won and stare at you with the "I own you" expression in their eyes?

This thing was a coffin, and on the top it said you can't take it with you. It was a piggy bank. Being very young I thought it was very confused, and that I would take it with me. When you set a coin on the top of the coffin, a skeleton hand would appear and slide the coin in. So to me, he was taking shit with HIM... why couldn't I.

The concept of what that meant of course was well beyond my scope. Take what? Where?
I wonder often what ever happened to shit I used to own. This is why I was caught rummaging through my old room not long ago. Reference older entries. Honestly, where does our shit go? I have my pound puppy Princeton, and a couple of books, short of that all my shit from younger times is gone. And I'm talking about shit I would have never given away or parted with. I part with nothing.

I can see myself at a garage sale.... which I'd never do because of the lack of ability to part with shit.... but I can see it...

"How much?"
"It's marked."
"5 dollars? For a salt shaker?"
"That salt shaker was the at the first meal after my wedding."

"How much?"
"30."
"It's just a record....."
"Yeah but I was concieved while it played...."

"How much?"
"Bitch I said things were fucking marked! Wait.... whatcha got there? Give that back to me."
"You set it out."
"Yeah well I didn't mean to, give it."
"No."
"Please don't make me hit you with this Rainbow Brite doll."
"I'm buying it."
"No... no friend, you are not."
"Am."
/swings rainbow brite in a circle wind-up.

I mean... there is no parting me from my shit so I wonder a lot where it went. I think my mother secretly snuck it out piece by piece. She's sneaky like that. Tell me mom... where is my glow worm? My sit and spin? Which incidentally was the best toy EVER. Hours of letting a kid make themselves more stupid and watch them walk into walls from being dizzy. Shit, I'd have laughed if I were my mother too.

Alas I am off my loves, post your most loved toys, (I also dug lincoln logs and constructed something that I would whap my sister in the face with as she slept, seriously she'll tell you - top bunk having bitch)...... interact in the comments section while I am away. Think... and post...

Cooties? Jogging your memories.... post post post

-DM

-ps Mr Morgan only told my today, that the last time wewent on vacation, Simon didn't sleep for two days and cried the whole time. Fuck me.

4 Comments:

Blogger Saffyrre said...

I just recently repurchased a seal that I had when I was young. It was my favorite stuffed animal. Her name was Luseal. She was played with so much that her eyes were replaced with marbles from our local marble factory and her butt had been sewn (by me of course) about 5 different times. My ex threw her away one day because he was like that so I have gotten her again. The tag even says 1976 on it! :)

I LOVED my lite brite and my pretty pony. I had a cabbage patch once. My friend had one too and the people that bought it for her were over and I went on and on about how much I wanted one. For some reason I had a feeling that would make them buy it for me. It worked, they did. I still feel guilty about it!

Also had loads and loads of star wars figures and trucks. My Mom was saying she felt bad she never bought me any barbies but I never asked any. I had Luke and Han and Yoda and Princess Leia! I didn't need any freaking barbies! :)

4:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of my favorite, beloved "toys" from my youth was a decoy duck. Not a toy decoy duck, but a geniune -daddy's getting ready to go duck hunting in the morning and setting out his things- decoy duck. I named her (never mind that it was a male mallard)Janica Anne. Yes, I know people think it's odd when they see pictures of me when I was a toddler carrying a decoy. I know I had that thing for years (pictures prove it), and I know that I slept with that hard plastic duck. I'm sure she just ended up going back into my dad's hunting things. People who know me well would not be surprised by this choice of toy as I have always been a rather odd...well, you know!

11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I was 3 I had a white elephant varied colored poka dots, and I loved it more than anything. But one day when someone would not get out of the bathroom I peed on my elephant. Talk about shame! I killed my own elephant, and mom would NOT let me keep it. My brother used it as blackmail fodder for years.

I also had a circus in a box which was a very big deal. It had the ringmaster and elephants and clowns and...well everything! AND I could take it with me wherever. I too would have never given it away - mom must have snuck it out one day, probably short 20 pieces by then already.

And Saffy, the first doll that someone got me I promptly sold to a girl down the street for a nickel. We don't need no stinkin dolls!

1:26 PM  
Blogger Saffyrre said...

LOL You go BLD!! No dollies for us!

Was your elephant the one from the Island of Misfits? If so, you could probably get him back again!

10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home