Thursday, July 27, 2006

Finally

On the very afternoon my vacation began I rolled to the boxes of mail, since we don't have the old fashioned ones in front of our homes and saw the two larger boxes already filled with keys, meaning anything large that day was not for me.

I opened my box and saw a manilla envelope. I just knew....

The Jude had come.

No stopping the grin on my face. I looked to see where it postmarked and .... in fact it was the Jude.

I played it extremely cool when I got home, discovering that Mr. Morgan had cleaned the house quite a bit, although not exactly how I personally would clean it...as in the counters looked good but what had been on them was swept onto the floor. And that my clothing was actively turning into hand me downs to fit my 3 year old neice.

But he tried and was very proud of his attempts, so I put the gun away and dropped the ass whipping stick.

I thrust the package into his hands and said "Jude says hi."

He looked at me and said, "this package has your name on it" and tried to hand it back to me, as if I didn't know how to fucking read my own name.

I simply raised my right brow that I only do when I can't believe something so completely obvious is being faltered on. Bosslady's Daughter will likely contend that it is a very condescending look but I tend to name it "are you fucking stupid?"

He opened it and said "But I already have this... thank you anyway baby."

The brow had never dropped and I tapped the signature and writing on the cover of the cd. He then said "oh shit." and I said.... "oh yeah"

I told him of how Jude and I had talked in short, but fun length, and how much I completely own all ownables. He agreed it was a spectacular move on my part and I think I saw him whap our marriage certificate to the side to prop it on his bookstand. Did I not tell you all it was a toss on who'd he'd rather fuck? I jest, but it was a good surprise. More to come before I'm to die like the "happy cows" in California.

-DM

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do contend that particular look is quite condescending, but that's the point right? Anyhow, can I get first dibs on the old Jude CD - the lowly one w/o autos? Not greedy; just speedy. ;-)

11:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

11:29 PM  
Blogger DMorgan's Zoo said...

Don't be so anon, I adore interaction, and appreciate much the compliment.

6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home