Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Eulogy.

We don't know what you are, and we don't know why you decided to chose our entrance for your last moments. I also don't understand why you had to be such a formidably large insect, so green and leggy but from one hopper to another, rest well.




Fucking gross, never a god damned shortage of nasty crawlers around here. The girls came into my side of the building this morning grinning and saying "DM we have something for YOU!" For me? I thought, right on let's have it. After some thought I have edited this entry to ponder their happy gift. They brought me not only a destestible bug, but a dying one. They in fact brought me death and I wonder if it was a symbolic wish.

At first I guessed it was one of those seed pods off a tree but no, it was that. After asking, and getting confirmation that it was an insect I asked if it was alive. Both women gleefully said yes. I fell back and began to climb backwards on my desk.

We couldn't really decide what it was. A leaf bug, praying mantis, grasshopper, leafy hopping mantis??? No clue but of course we threw it into one of Filbert's old bowls to see what it might do, we were all sorta curious but I needed it contained before I was going to look. It was twitching and barfing up something brown from it's sideways chompers and I figured it was fixing to die, but resisting. I took it ouside, thinking that I would HATE to die at my miserable ass desk, so why should anything else. It finally died, after a dramaticically long wait if I may say so.

Hip hop hippity hoppers.

-DM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home