Thursday, January 25, 2007

One of these days you'll get hungry, and eat most of the words you said

Well fuck.

What an entirely weird day. I almost don't even know how to verbalize it. I'll just make random paragraphs.

1.
At lunch Bosslady's Daughter and I went for rice and alike items, on the drive back she mentioned some bald man was hawking me. Shocked, I thought about this and how shitty I look today and wondered what his level of desperation had dropped to. In the future - draw my attention to this WHILE I have a chance to see what is leering at me. Bald, fat, skinny, cancer ridden and holding an IV pole, cuban and swinging his cock, I don't care, I want to know who is taking a peek at me so I can later wonder why.

2.
This evening in an instant message I read out of the blue "so I went to the doctor and it's what I thought."

For a half second I had a highschool flashback then grinned and thought, what a great fucking way to start a conversation. Who needs hello when you can go straight to - right, just got back from the clinic - I actually applaud the direct approach.

No it's nothing catchy, just a bit of skin cootie, and certainly not down there, although it would make the story more interesting as I could have asked about itching and did he need to contact previous partners.

3.
In another computer talk with a pal, I mentioned I had recently learned the not-so-nerdy-game-person-but-REAL name, and asked if it bothered him to be named something so generic.

"No, I was named after my grandfather who has passed away. He had a farm for abandoned animals"

Open mouth insert foot. Which tastes ever so foul and I feel horrible, although Mr Generic minded not. All the same..... fuuuuuuuck. Dude I am so sorry. His name is perfectly great, but having been named something that 50 million other girls were that decade, I wondered if he felt slighted like I do. Damn. /sucks on the other foot to learn the full lesson of shutting the fuck up.

4.
"I was going to play the lottery for 255 million."
"If you won could I have some money? Is it wrong to come out of the woodwork BEFORE the actual win?"
"Lol... I'm not sure."

5.
At the end of the day, I sat in the office with Moon since her ride wasn't going to show up for a little bit and we had a smoke and chat. I saw a truck outside the curb of our parking lot sporting a thicket of crosses. For a moment I got happy, thinking action was gonna shake down. No.


No parade, no keeners, nothing to indicate a burial would be memoralized other than what dangled from the tailgate and frankly I wanted to go the fuck home and tell the dogs why I hate my job today, and who deserves the award for Sack of the Week.

Isn't the title of this entry the best fucking saying you've thought about in a while? It should be. I am still contemplating lots about self and where I am heading in this life lately. I admit to having been doing that for ten god damned years, every now and then I get serious much in the way we did when we were kids taking pot and conjuring all sorts of completely unrealistic goals. "I'll marry Tom Cruise!" I feel bad for the kid who announced THAT shit. Anyhow, bear with me in the future months, I am fairly thinky and trying to figure some shit out. As always - please comment, they mean a good deal to me. I will find my center again, right now I think it's somewhere between the closet and garbage disposal.

-DM




4 Comments:

Blogger Saffyrre said...

Wanna know what's funny? When Katie Holmes was 17 she said she wanted to marry Tom Cruise! HA!!!

About the feet...at least they'll be nice and soft to the touch from all the sucking, right? =D

7:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I'm feeling particularly out of balance or crappy, I watch that youtube video of the free hugs (I love that song anyway). It shouldn't matter who is doing the appreciating (old, fat, bald, young, gay, etc), it's just nice to be appreciated! By the way, I appreciate you (and I know I'm not the only one). I'm so dang glad it's Friday!

10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really want to drive around with a bunch of big crosses in my truck. When people ask what they're for, I'd tell them that I'm a vampire slayer and they are just some tools of the trade.

10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to admit I love this little burg I come to every day for work. Most people have to live in a big city to see a rastafarian sky talker dancing down the street that has a truck with tailgating crosses (tools of the trade, lmao)...or even the lady that stands out on the main road with a huge ass sign gently reminding us not to drink and drive. Besides, the food is excellent.

And I would have elbowed you, Ms M, if there had been time. You are a total LIAR about how you looked - you were particular smokin yesterday and he was simply appreciating the view.

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home