Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Race to 08!

Woo day! Bill Clinton was in town today to promote noodles, naturally. Ahem, lol right... we all know what he was up to. He also happened to be making a speech four blocks from my office.

Oh butter!

I thought to myself, what are the odds of me seeing a President (or past) again, who I not only voted for but REALLY liked. It was cold but two of us decided to go and get in line. I stretch to call it a line, when really it's a political buffet. Non-stop fylers, stickers, cards, but no bribes. To gain entrance you had to be wearing a Hillary sticker. Can do! I said and slapped myself up while filling my pockets down the buffet line asking for more because I'm greedy that way.


This girl had freakishly small feet. They might not look it, but seriously, they were no longer than 7 inches in length and she was about 5 foot 8. Where are the feet? But you just don't ask those things.

Here is some secret service, and one our our itty bitty local police men. No, the big guy isn't on a platform to make our deputies look the size of a turd in comparison, he is just THAT big. Secret service doesn't fuck around, duh... I know, nor should they, but seeing it in action was half of why I had wanted to go. Would they be like the Queen's Guards and refuse to smile? Yes.

We got decent seats, the best part being Mr. Clinton would enter about two feet away from us. This was the only shot I could get because my camera is a smart ass and Bill wasn't stopping to entertain it.

No, in the shot below, even though it's a nasty crippled hand - it is not mine. Can click to enlarge, he really is a pleasant person, and if it's disingenuous, it's well hidden.

Went on a little long but I admit to being very excited and still being so. That man could talk his way out of anything! He doesn't even blink he is so smoothe and if he is rehearsed, you'd never know it. It was a blast and a rare opportunity even if we almost died to get back afterwards.



Did he say cock-us-ses? /blush!

When I picked a work errand this afternoon I still had on my stickers and was whispered to "You better get out of here with those." I said "Or what? Lynchings?"

"You don't want to know but..... what was he like?"
"Well, we didn't talk about cigars...."

-DM

4 Comments:

Blogger Saffyrre said...

FREAKING AWESOME!! You lucky devil! I love Bill!

6:07 PM  
Blogger DMorgan's Zoo said...

I couldn't pass it up! I was ready to walk down there alone but thankfully had the buddy system as crossing roads on our street is a game of duck hunt.

The walk back though took me a good half hour to recoop from, I was sure I'd die and I still have earaches. Price of doing something to remember I guess.

6:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you! I love Bill! Right on!

10:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I watched the phones. the blush is off the rose. Go Kucinich!

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home