Sunday, March 23, 2008

The Bunny Awards

Meet my bunnies. Much late night crafting went into packs and baskets for these bunnies! (don't skip the end section..... Oh My God)


Best Hopping Bunny. (or the only one who even attempted a bunny hop, but there were plenty of tips on how best to do it. My feet only know one way to hop while remaining upright).

One Eyed Bunny. This bunny is not to be played with. Best to watch from a distance or pokeit with a stick, prepared to run because this bunny gives chase. Not as fast as the Best Hopping bunny though, that bunny is skilled in knowing she is the underdog in a fight, a fast flee is her best friend.

Got the Bad Ear Bunny. I hadn't noticed until uploading this photo, but one of the packs had an ear that looked like Kylee had been at it, so I trimmed it up.

Dru-Down Bunny. I don't know those hand signals but I hope it means Happy Easter.

Warcraft Bunny. Enough said.

Pickle Bunny!

Thieving Bunny! No, I didn't pose this shot other than putting the basket next to her. She took off, as usual, to hide it somewhere for later.

Then it happened. The promised gift I've heard about for weeks.

We drove into town and met Mr. Morgan's mom for the trade off and her eyes were positively gleaming. I'd been told it was a large item but no one would take her thunder and spill the beans on what it was. This made her eyes shine brighter.

All I knew is that it was an item from the home of a lady who she'd cared for in her last days, and she managed to get it for me after the lady passed. I presumed it was furniture, but still grateful to be thought of at all.

Wasn't Furniture.




Solid brass. Worth like.... a LOT, even though she is going fucking no where. I began to well up at the house of the lady who'd owned it and learned a great deal of it's making and it's personal worth to the departed. I am genuinely honored, grateful, shocked, and lacking the words I should have, that go above thank you. I suppose I find it humbling when I own things that belonged people passed on, I remember being elated to have my Grandmother's china left to me, but it was also a gift that made me think a lot and be grateful that I will care for those items, and it's likely what the person wanted instead of it going to a junkyard. One of her children said to melt the giraffe and sell it. I gasped. Then gasped again.

Click to enlarge, she is stunning and hard to see in the small format. And lol yes, when enlarging these..... yes I have quite a few long necks in the living room.

My mother in law beamed. And I really mean BEAMED. This after I called her dog fat.... but he is lol. I don't love him less, but he's fat and she proclaimed in his defense that he'd dropped a pound. Where? Poor little fat Toby.

So that's my weekend, not a bad score huh? Tell me about yours.

-DM

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Jeni how awesome!!! She is a beaut! You look so damn happy! ~Krista xox

7:40 PM  
Blogger DMorgan's Zoo said...

Who wouldn't be? She is one hell of a Raffe! Was an overall good easter! I admit she startles me and I'm often found in a still, staring at her. I come to senses when the puppy bites my toes. :)

8:05 PM  
Blogger MissNev said...

She is magnificent! She looks like she has always belonged with you. Congrats.

My day, more of the same. Brunch with the offspring, movie (Horton Hears a Who....most excellent), Made a Broken Heart mix on my ipod.

10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stunning - just lovely. She must be quite heavy. I love the detail.

11:13 AM  
Blogger Saffyrre said...

What a gorgeous raffe! How proud your Mum-n-law was I'm sure!! That must be worth a fortune for all that brass (I concur with bld that it looks heavy). Looks like it fits right in, in your living room!

6:14 PM  
Blogger Saffyrre said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

6:14 PM  
Blogger Saffyrre said...

Sorry about the deletion - I was overzealous in my pressing of the "Publish Your Comment" button and it published it twice!

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home