Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Latest

Thanks all who replied to the prior entry ( I say while prying a catalog from Kylee's mouth, she seems to want to make a pruchase!). No money in her account. Denied.

Things may or may not come to head over the Fam Drams. I did not take the advice some gave me. I went low ball. I've too long to dealt with this gracefully, and have more than once encouraged others to not lose their shit as well. I've thought it over for the last two days and .... I went out of what I normally would do being 30 years old. Old habits die hard, and I, went, low ball remembering that nothing good comes of it, but that what was the line from Delores Claiborne? "Sometimes being a bitch is all you have."

What did I do? I got someone else involved, because I'm little and sneaky as it gets. I knew well what I was starting, more so after posting what I had. I can't lie. I do not want anyone hurt, but how can I say that after saying I knew what I was starting. I want to say I was doing the right thing, and I was, but there is certainly personal retribution and I knew exactly who was my go to girl. Kindred.

The Morgan Sisters talked at length, and that is a situation that is not ideal for anyone under fire. We'll see your evil and raise you a flaming pitchfork. One sister is the walking ideal of family and white carpet. The other chain smokes and runs a mean ass salsa, also wears a chicken suit to KFC. Polar opposites, it somehow works on a crazy beautiful level of eye contact being a language. But cross the line on us, and it's game on. I shame us both for the inate ability to be able to shut down and get raw, almost instantaniously. I always gave myself a hard time for it, but oh shit! I have company! and it's FAMILY.

At the moment we are just all here for Sr. Morgan, (sorry I have no funny antidote for today... it's on my brain) even if we snitched, of which I'm told while taken aback, he is thankful for. Mad as I am for being disrespected, and mad as Prada is for.... everything about it, our foremost worry is for his well being, which trickles down the line unfairly to Mr. Morgan and alike. I think god or the peanut butter guy sent me to this FAMILY, and it's no coincidence. I find great comfort in not being the only strong woman to speak up. I also want to not e that when I was told Sr. Morgan didn't think I was strong to do so, I was surprised. Am I too polite for my own good? I don't hush my mouth more than anyone else.... it was an odd, but nice compliment because yes I am. I call it coniving, but take your pick of words. I'm not mean unless pushed or if I feel someone could get hurt, including myself, that's when I get sneaky. Otherwise I'm a flower (can you feel me blooming in the sun?).

So that's the update. Convention is done for now and I'm off to die, after partying my ass off tonight. The dogs don't understand but are joining the conga line all the same.

-DM

ps - to Prada.... we never have, but let's go out sometime without the proper manners. Be fun, you don't get to see me outside holiday/official events. I'll hire a babysitter. /grins.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home