Sunday, June 15, 2008

Unbelievable.

This is worth it.... please give me comments. What I reveal was not in the confidence of my faith (or lack of). There is one piece that I was specifically asked not to share and I hold to it. I'm human too just as much as a reverend, so I'm allowed my outlet. I will do what I shook a hand on.

During the most stressful time of year at work came the weekend from hell. I (we) have literally worked 7 days straight and it’s important that I have my head straight before tomorrow mornings’ shift, and I am not sure it can happen.

Ever met a person who is so offensive, demanding, selfish and ungrateful that sharing air with them makes you want to throw yourself into a casket?

Mr. Morgan’s father, Julie and Marley came over to enlarge the doggy door that Kylee has swiftly outgrown. I can’t deny her so she is rapidly becoming the most portly dog on the block. She appeals to me with those hazel eyes and says “I’m not being greedy, I just wondered what it tastes like because you seem to be enjoying it so much.” The door gesture was nice, and extremely appreciated. It also looks fantastic.

Swap side to this deal was I quickly was hit by Julie with “We need to talk, please.” This was after I was told that smoke bothers her since quitting. I thought, and? I will NOT leave my own home to smoke outside. She marches in like she owns the place, judging each and every thing in it. We cleaned the entire morning, scrubbing, vacuuming, procuring drinks that she would like. I did not stop smoking in my home. Period. Let’s also remember this is the same woman who smoked inside all the while we thought Mr. Morgan’s father had lung cancer.

She was already making me insane. We gave her a drink, of course it wasn’t her “flavor” but it would do. There are portions to the conversation she grappled me into that in confidence I said I would not repeat. So I won’t but I remain with a brow up, and am not impressed at all by the information. It almost didn’t need to spoken, the tension between my in-laws walked in so thick I just started to shake my head. My father-in-law has never been anything but happy and kind to me. I don’t even know if he likes me, but he has manners and knows his son chose me. I return the respect in kind.

So, we two ladies went outside and the …. I’m not sure what to call it….. self-absorbed thinking came blurting out. Recall she was in the hospital for about 3 weeks, from getting carried with pill cocktails. Sr. Morgan was there everyday, sometimes twice per day and she actually said he left her to die. “Why didn’t he help me?”

I had to pause and think how to use my words and not start a fight. She insists he stepped over her “dying” body to walk the dog. Hm.

“How long have you been married?”
“20 years.”
“You think he waited 20 years to let you die?”
“Yes.”
“Just…. Uh devils advocate because as a hypochondriac I understand how difficult it is for others not to know when it’s serious and not calling wolf.” That was a generous thing to say because there is a STRONG difference between someone being truly afraid, and someone self-destructing for attention. Truly, hypos don’t want attention, they want to not be scared. She isn’t scared, she wants attention, wants to be liked and thinks that is the angle to apply it. (again as said later, bullshitting a bullshitter.... don't waste my time).

“He didn’t help me and I think I want a divorce.”
“Should you really be telling this to the right person?” hint hint……. It’s not ALWAYS about you! But I was calm and very polite. Until later.
“He doesn’t care, we wants my life insurance money.” (GOOD FUCKING LORD! Slap slap)
“Well do what is healthy for you, but I think he is a good person who stood by you after what you did to everyone in the family. I really think you should tell him, not me.” Honestly, if it’s THAT bad, pack your shit, rent a camel and take your shoes for a walk. Easy.

So there is that, and the item I won’t discuss, and frankly don’t believe. I walked away to listen to her complaints on the dog shit in my yard. Watch your step then or keep on the sidewalk, life isn’t that tricky, and if stepping in dog shit wrecks your day then you should have on a clown mask because everyone thinks you’re a fool.

We were to watch Marley while they had supper, not a problem. Except. And heeeeeeere we go with the all-about-me continuum. Forgot a dress purse. Fine borrow one of mine. But it smelled of smoke because, ya know, I fucking SMOKE! Don’t take it then. Also, forgot perfume. I brought out 3 choices, and all stank to her opinion.

By now it’s meltdown of “get out of my home” inside my head. Finally they are ready to go eat – it’s JUST food, jesus! And she starts digging in her bag for tranquilizers. It got to the point of being so frantic for the pills that Sr. Morgan was rolling his eyes and looking defeated. At 6pm heading to supper you need a tranquilizer? Did we learn nothing from the trip to the ICU? She didn’t come out and say it, but distinctly implied they’d been taken from her purse since having arrived. Anything else you want to be a guest in MY home and insult me by? I can wipe your ass if you need it, I’m waiting to be asked – or told my toilet paper hurt/caused a fucking hemorrhoid. We are clearly junkies just hoping to steal from her unlabeled bottle. Sounds just like us. In actually I was watching my vicodin, that is for emergency only (I don’t partake but if a tooth goes over the weekend or alike it’s good to have to get a Morgan by, go figure we CAN handle our fucking pills).

Called my art doodles, and a “good start.” Hands start twitching and I’m about to start name calling and making her cry for the first time that day that weren’t crocodile tears. The pity party had ended, guest or not.

Foward to today we took Sr. Morgan to supper, which was again about her and I really lost it. It began with her demands to the waitress, the same place we ate prior and she comsumed 3/4ths of it then whined until it became free. The whole meal was her making everyone repeat themselves because she was sitting at the end of the table. Lean in! Again everything about her is such a strain. She then wanted a photo of Sr., Mister and her daughter, and Senior said... um... what about these two? Meaning the daughters boyfriend and myself. The bitch actually said "Well they aren't family."

My anger wants to go to tears but I won't let it. I have however been in THIS family for six years. When do I get the club card?

I'm done with her. I have a horrific day ahead of me and did all I could to be cool. She is toxic to everyone and I hope she asks that when I fake hugged her that I couldn't flee fast enough, even if it meant that her to go box flew onto the ground, not intentional. I'm certain she will now cry to her husband, who will cry to Mr. Morgan, who then will give me shit. She's aware her antics can effect lives/marriages and it makes me furious. I really need for her to be away from me. I truly pity my father in law, I cannot imagine living with her daily bullshit. It wore me to the bone in two days. After what she said about him, my respect really dropped. I say it often enough, but bullshitting a bullshitter is about the most transparent thing in the world. To use it for pity, is about the most aboreable. The shit he's done for her....... don't whine when he's pushed to the limits. I love the man, and have pushed his son to the limits too, but my god, enough. God forbid someone calls me for an intervention, I reserve 5 spots for myself in advance.

End epic.

-DM

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LIVID!!!! You are absolutely Family...I see you as a sister in many ways. As for Divore...Please, please, please!!!

9:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm thinking you could alleviate the stress a great deal by refusing to molly coddle her anymore. Sure there will be a rough transition period for all involved, but let HER worry about what YOU'RE going to say, and let HER hold HER tongue for a change.

11:22 AM  
Blogger MissNev said...

I agree with BLD...stand your ground and make her uncomfortable. Have you considered spiking her drinks?? No, not rat poison (woman secret), but perhaps some Visene, or ex lax. I used to have a mother-in-law from hell. I wish I had been more assertive to her when I had the chance. Big regret. Bitch hated me anyway...I really should have given her good reason.
I truly believe people come into our lives for a reason. Hers may be so that you can understand how it feels to contemplate stabbing someone in the eye with a spork.

12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check your e-mail, I sent you another "urgent" mail. Trust me, I understand all that you feel.

12:15 PM  
Blogger DMorgan's Zoo said...

She said spork!!!!! I know I need to relax, it's just not the time of year to test my patience. I've said it before, were it not for the utmost respect and love I have for my Mister and his father, .... ooo. MissNev yes, I need to be assertive, you really have to know how hard this woman plays victim. I want to cause no rift in relationships, and I know Im not the only one ready with a spork. She is not welcome in my house. The drug implication alone really pushed it. Be an addict somewhere else.

5:04 PM  
Blogger Saffyrre said...

I literally said "OH MY GOD" outloud when I read The bitch actually said "Well they aren't family."

How DARE she??? If she wants to look at it that way then damn, she's not family either! She's the fracking step-mom!!! I think Demi Moore in St. Elmo's Fire said it best: Step-Monster

I just can't get over what a nightmare this has all been, especially when we know how precious your weekends are to you. I sincerely hope she is no longer welcome in your home because she has really crossed the line.

Has she remembered your real name yet??

Love you and /comfort

oh and rock on Prada!!!

9:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

she is not even worth the insurance money.

x o

aunt akorn

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home