Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Pinnochio - Peen Warning.....

Don't miss my rescue mission below.

Over the weekend I woke up to pick my nose, as usual because I have class and a certain disdain for making sure a giant nose giving isn't dangling from my piercing - which is a magnet for all things inhaled - but something was amiss. My nose hook. For those without a nose hook/piercing or otherwise inspection of how it actually works.... I drew you this:
It's nothing like an earring even if I had to take it out to prove that to my mother. It's fitted to your very own disgusting, snot infested nostril (unless you have the forsight to take care of that which I never seem to do). So no loose peices to snort and choke on, it's in essence like you took a fun swim and were caught by a fisherman. Snagged by the snout.

Those who know me will readilly contest I fuck with it all the time, as the hook gets sloppy and hangs out of a nostril, making it look like I'm picking when I'm really just stuffing the hook back into place. Yeah right huh? Promise, I'd never deny a pick if I was picking as those are necessary human things. Do you poo a belch? There are forgivable belches. Five hardy belches? Someone needs to take that person to the restroom.

I woke up my pink hook was gone, which is very much my fault. It was fitted years ago for a new piercing to allow for swelling and I was well told I'd need to have it adjusted. It hadn't beeen much of a problem, so I never went back.

The missing was around 11pm and I bounced the entire Morgan clan from the bed to find it. It's small, so it was a stupid venture but all flopped onto the floor just the same to ignore DM having a fucking meltdown over a nose ring. Needle in a haystack.

Now is the time to note WHY I had a meltdown. First, I like it. I don't think I need more reasons but I have them. Second, I've been discriminated against for having THIS:

tiny nothing of a nussiance. With how pink I am, it offsets the entire stupid idea that someone might be offended by it. Third... what century am I living in? Fourth, look at the photo, short of me pulling on my nose.... are you seriously looking past my eyes to notice THAT????? It's microscopic. And lastly, I took a spear through my nose - to some, that is something to nod at. Those would be the people I'm apt to sup and drink with. Innovative and original? Not remotely, but anytime I see a nice tattoo or piercing... I give a nod of understanding, someone had an experience and that alone is awesome, even if trendy these days /yawn. Getting hard to be original even if I've had mine for maaaany years. This fellow has full ownership of the unique corner... I've never liked dragons so many!


Those are the reasons I lost my mind and had to get another piece of jewelry before earth exploded into dust and fragments from my angst. I can't say more why, it just happens to matter a lot to me. When you go through a lot of shit defending something, or standing up for something - however petty it is to other people, it carries a heavier load of defiance. I am extremely infantlike in tantrums in standing up for my expression - tattoos and my bitty nose thing, as it means absolutely nothing to how I behave as a human. Has it stopped me from getting work? Yes. I'm that obstinant. Want me your way or want me in the way in which I rock? Acceptance and worry of what others will percieve is on my last nerve. If my expression on my body hinders business, that person is living in a rerun of the Partridge Family, and I'd like to bring the gent who did my piercing and all these years later my adjustment for comparison - he is something out of National Geographic and I just want to fiddle with all the sparklies and distorted business on him. Don't be dirty, above waist.

Mr. Morgan, and not from my upset spell, took me straight away in the morning to replace it. As a former pierced person, he gets it. He didn't appreciate the cost and was intensely eyeballing a sign for the cost to pierce baby ears.

"Babies man..... that's just not right."
"Isn't it like circumcision? Better to get it done before it'll make a mental pain related scar?"

-DM

For new listening.... and Mika has a new album out soon, oh shiz!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Prada said...

I love how you put music up that fits my mood/likes perfect! More, More, More! A great way to perk up my work day. Thanks

9:42 AM  
Blogger DMorgan's Zoo said...

Music suuuuure.... you're were all about the dragon peen. It's ok to admit it. :)

4:04 PM  
Blogger Khadra said...

Did you just go get a new nose screw, or did yo have it re-pierced? Here you can get nose screws pretty cheap ($5)

When I was pregnant with Gage my nose got infected from me playing with the nose screw so much. Bodies do weird things when you are pregnant. Anyway, I let it close up and then got it re-pierced. I love my nose ring. I pretty much never change the stone I have in it (always blue or purple, but considering pink) and I like belonging to the club. Go figure, there is a group I actually dont mind belonging to!

My husband now, he has one ear pierced (twice), the other ear gauged with ear grommit thingies (not huge ones), a nose ring, a lip ring, and um, 2 unmentionables lol!

1:57 PM  
Blogger DMorgan's Zoo said...

Unmentionables, awesome!

Naw, it was only lost for a day but I was upset enough that it would close up. Even a tiny screw here was about 40 bucks. Bottom of the line. Mr. Morgan has let all his piercings go and he had some pretty impressive ones.

I don't think I'll lose this one, seems intact but I too fuck with it non stop... habit I guess.

11:49 AM  
Anonymous BLD said...

Vive la differance. You know how I feel about your schnoz jewelry and the fucktards who think it says anything deragatory about you.

They can SEE your jewelry, and it's pretty. What's not so pretty, and hidden until they speak are the large oak branches lodged in their butts.

I love your question and think you should put it to the next interviewer that asks for an explanation: Want me your way or want me in the way in which I rock?

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home