Monday, March 23, 2009

Emancipation

The bunnies have slowly begun to leave. The few that are left have begun a swift hush of fear, defeat, if you will. They no longer want trouble and have turned on one another, much greeted by my wicked victorious grin. I've never heard a bunny rat on another bunny so fast. The finger pointing is rampant.

I warned those crafty bitches that judgement day was coming and the sneakery was doomed. They booed me and said I was full of shit. That I couldn't "bring it" if I tried. Well. Whip out a stitch puller and a pair of crazy eyes, they fall right in line. It... my bunny friends.... was Brought!.

I hit the post office to send two bunnies off (Turtle and Omlette. They all have names. I didn't pick the names, they told me who they were, or I overheard). While joining the formation of the post office line it was palpable the thick layer of "ew" from the other line standers. These people were miserable! Some even left muttering that they "didn't have time for this." Sweet! Faster line for me. I don't imagine anything so emergent that one can be shocked to find a line at the post office. It amused me. A lot. I mean come on, sack up for a wait. I truly think some people went in there just to be cranky and hope for a fight in some weird craving to defer anger that didn't apply specifically to the post office. Mad? Go postal right?

To pass my time I fumbled with my large bunny boxes as though they were very heavy (half a pound each at best) just to see if anyone would aide the small girl with the heavy luggage. Not a single fucker stepped forward. A few diverted eye contact. Chivelry is gone. Entertained me all the same until my turn was up.

I then went to walmart to get Mr. Morgan canned air as his Xbox is on strike. Plus I was seeking more piss poor attitudes. I was carded for a can of air.

"Are you 18?"
"Sure Pick an age, I'm that."

"Should I be worried about this can of air?"
"Well... you know, the kids now days."
"Not really. Air is free, and it's all around me, why would I buy it for any other reason than blasting something with it? I could have stayed home and saved gas, what is it that I'm going to do with this if I'm underage?"
"There are chemicals."
"In air? You're kidding."
"The scanner says I have to check your ID."
/laugh "Alright."

Since the air comes with a tiny hose - the better to blast you with - I thought to say "oh look, it comes with a free tooter!" but I didn't. I was done entertaining my silly thoughts and figured it would soon lead to trouble.

The fellow behind me was the only only shopper/employee in the entire store with a decent mood. We bonded together swiftly thinking safety in numbers. Small numbers albiet, but better than being a rogue lamb in the wild isles of walmart misery. Those people will roll you under their cart and not even look back. Celery was on sale or something.

5 bunnies down.... few more to go. Miss Nev, Bosslady's Daughter has yours.

- DM

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do have your basket MissNev and I'll even try to get it to you in a decent time. :-) They are ever so lovely.

Thank you Ms M for the thoughts and all the time you obviously spent. YAY!

9:39 PM  
Blogger Saffyrre said...

I would have pleaded for a bunny as they are quite adorable but since I live in Canada I know better than to plead! Or beg! Or grovel!

Plus I still owe you a giraffe!

They're awful darn cute tho!

10:49 PM  
Blogger MissNev said...

Aww! Thanks! I can't wait! This gives us a reason/excuse to get together soon BLD. Seriously, carded for air? As a bartender, I not only have to card for my goods, but I have to be licensed to sell it. Did you ask the clerk for his credentials for selling air??

2:04 PM  
Blogger DMorgan's Zoo said...

It was a her, and she busted out some thick spectacles to examine the cans' "ingredients" as to answer my question, which really didn't need such thorough explanation. Easilly 200 hundred years old, she was looking out for my safety I guess. Booze and smokes... I understand, and rarely let anyone even ask me for ID. I flop it out while requesting whatever it is I want to save them the trouble. It always happens that the ONE time I forget my ID, I am carded. BLD can recall a certain Sake incident where I had to be snuck drinks like a child. It SO sucked.

3:47 PM  
Blogger Khadra said...

thank you Jeni. Although, the bunny hasnt talked to me yet. He has given me a look though...
I think he is afraid.

7:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home