Saturday, February 06, 2010

Hopscotch and Jesepe

Making some progress on my room. It's slow and arduous, detailed to a retarded fault that my camera - once so cutting edge not too long ago - now takes so-so photos in comparison.

Wanna see what I've done so far? Well, first I had to paint my room, all done in about one day, roughly, since once those paint fumes really kick in the clock turns into Wonderland Time and I may have been in there for a week, sitting on the floor with a box of crayons and a catchy hum scratching from my throat.

This is my station:

It's all built in, obviously, and is messy in this photo since ... ya know.... it's MY room and I have no shame in admitting my slop. Truthfully though, I'm just done working on a piece you will see below so "tidy" is not terribly important to me until done. I am required to have that door on the right open so Super Puter can breathe. She runs heavy winded. But for all the cords required to facilitate my station properly... the former house owners set it up ingeniously, not a single visible cord if doors are closed. Except my electric blanket under there, but even there it's remote control snuggles comfortably into the drawer.

Behind the pc station:

Nice laminate flooring for the easy scoot and spin. How many raffes do you think are in each of the photos above? I had to count, I barely notice them but know they are always somewhere.

First piece I started.

Then got super happy and discovered that whiskey is funny. Who fucking knew? I went into a fit of giggles, saw a sharpie, and drew - because I needed another right? - a cartoon giraffe on the wall. A big one. With big goofy eyes and a busy mouth, next to a palm tree. Why the palm tree? Don't know, ask the smart-ass-sense-of-humor-having whiskey. I just know I threw it on the wall in less than five minutes and marched to bed.

The sketch I woke up to thinking I would be revisiting the paint fumes again:

I did not paint over the raffe, Jesepe, turned into this:

Hard to grasp scale, but his goofy ass is roughly 4 feet neck to horns (enlarge by clicky on Jes, not a crisp photo... but all I could get). Palm tree gets to stay too, lol I'll figure out something to do with it. Mr. Morgan is thrilled I'm drawing things other than ladies and that I am using color. I appreciate it as a sincere compliment but I also suppose I presumed he knew I can in fact probably draw anything I want to, and additionally, absence of color is intended in that annoying artist way, so that the viewer can color it in their own mind. God forbid anyone paint their own inner picture right? But it's fine. Color don't scare me none!

Don't skip the below entry, part two later this next week, I'm sure Monday will give me plenty of inspiration to bitch.

Last but not least, Simon caught stealing...... I couldn't slide the "you steal it, you wear it" rule for him

and yes, Kylee was giggling into a seizure since she's generally the busted offender.


- DM

ps - Give up? There are 3 giraffes in the first photo, and 4 in the second. :) Play Where's Waldo, I assure you they are there.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Prada said...

Oooh can we make requests for what goes on the wall???

10:27 AM  
Blogger DMorgan's Zoo said...

No.

6:06 PM  
Blogger Khadra said...

I dont see all the giraffes. clearly I am not so artistic lol!

11:38 AM  
Blogger DMorgan's Zoo said...

Lol, they aren't artsy raffes, just the normal fare of them in any given space around here. I'll point them out later.

3:55 PM  
Anonymous BLD said...

I could only find two in each. LOVE the new wall drawings.

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home