Thursday, March 18, 2010

Fryer.

I once worked with a girl who turned me onto this song. Dedo:

Girl oh girl I have nothing but fond memories of bad behavior and conversations on every level each and god damned every time Bosslady was out.

You've since had a baby (he's now what.... six??? bitch, you are aging me!) and I remember your paintings sitting in a room in your house, against your ridiculous white carpet - NO SHOES! - and thinking you had a quirky way of throwing paint onto a canvas. At the time, you were very dismissive about your art... said something like "oh yeah.... those. I painted them." and wandered to another subject.

You've also since gained a dog, I think that was before the baby and again I remember feeling really bad for the dog and resenting that carpet because for all it's white bullshit.... it really consumed almost everything in the house. The poor puppy was a hostage kept in the kitchen area and I seem to recall that puppy being pissed about that situation. But it was you and you fed me magaritas and bitched about your figure, which lent me your hand me downs but seriously love, you were what a size 8 for all your height? Being the greedy receiver of goods I never corrected you and you have the most lovely hair, and figure and fuck all nice ass personality that is refreshingly hard to find.

There was also the time I went to lunch and some broads from the beauty academy got drunk at a manderin eatery and bashed up my car while I was in another shop. You blinked at my fury when I got back to the office, silently without a beat grabbed your keys and told me to get into your car. I did and subsequently watched you get all but arrested upon marching into the beauty school demanding to know which inept drunk bitch hit and ran her friends' car. Your arms and fingers were a blur of impressive fury.

You also came with me to bankrupcy court. You didn't have to. I wasn't scared or intimidated too much, I was not sure what to expect and you instinctively knew that and insisted to be my wingman of sorts should I get nervous. We giggled at the fucked people who were also in my shoes, then kinda stopped giggling because no one there was really having a great day. You didn't have to do any of those things for me, but you are just that kind of person.

I miss ya, good times... you got sauce. Even after these years, you could call me 2am and from a dead sleep I'd say "huh? Crow bar? Ok where I'm on my way." Love ya bitch. Gimme gimme....



- DM

1 Comments:

Anonymous BLD said...

AWESOME!! I miss her too.

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home