Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Dirty Diana Review

Team DM is going to review random videos every so often. Today we are looking at Dirty Diana.



DM Roper

I would like to start with the fact that Michael is looking good in this video. I am a MJ fan, a hurt and confused one, but I can't lie and say I don't still have some love for Mike. Listen to the fans in that concert, we all want to know.... Mike whaaa happen?

What's with the guitarist? Got enough hair there poodle man? Were you borrowed from Guns N' Roses for the evening? He isn't even playing the guitar, he is simply swinging it in cicles for the dramatic effect.

Why is Diana so dirty? Did he mean kinky? Is dirty the old kinky? Why the groin thrust at the end towards poodle head on main air guitar.

I watched several times for accuracy, and I counted five pelvic thrusts and two standing dry humps. I'm down for the song's beat as well, but I've never found myself on a stranger's leg trying to explain why my crotch can't control itself. But that's just me. Overall I give it a THUMBS UP because every video should include a token hairball.


Saffy Ebert

My first thought was WOW Michael's video budget went significantly down. No, that's not right. My first thought was "Aaah, Michael when he was still sorta good". Wait, that's not right either. My real first thought was, "DAMN!! That guitar player has GINORMOUS hair!!"

I actually thought Michael looked pretty good in this video. That is not something I normally say about Michael Jackson but it's true. I prefer Michael from "Off the Wall" days but that's another story...

This video bored me tremendously. The lip synch was off and I just didn't care about watching his band perform on stage. Michael is much better when he has a real story behind his videos and all that choreography going on rather than some skanky (excuse me, dirty) girl in a SUPER short skirt walking around while he sings on stage.

I have to give this video a big "THUMBS DOWN" from me. I've seen Michael do much better and unfortunately my expectations are too high for him!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, and thanks for the walk down memory lane! This is one of my favorite MJ videos (after Thriller and Bad). I'll admit to having a bit of a crush on MJ back when he was a black man and not a white woman/freakazoid. This was when he first began dappling in plastic surgery prior to drowning in it...when he was dating Brooke Shields. I wish that when he ripped open his shirt, his chest looked like a 30ish man instead of a 12 year old boy. And I love the hair guy....Halloween costume idea!

2:50 PM  
Blogger DMorgan's Zoo said...

I too admit to mad crushing on MJ, albiet I'm a little younger, but I am told there is a video of me in a beat it shirt doing all his moves when I was about seven. If I ever find it, consider it posted.

Well articulated... dappled then drowned. /nods with a large smile. I needed that today Ms. Nev.

5:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a Prince fan, I wasn't allowed to like MJ!

7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home