Thursday, September 07, 2006

The Sky is Falling!

Today is one of those days when instead of being annoyed, I am actually laughing as I watch my job being phased out.

A Jeff, and frankly they all have become Jeffs, lost it’s mind over a toner cartridge. Or lack of one. I’m not saying it’s not important, just not such a big deal that 3 other people need to be frantically calling every place in the city for one. It's not fucking Armegeddon, it's a toner cartridge. Big deal we get light faxes for a day and have to kiss some ass if we miss a fax. I'm happy to kiss the ass myself, but the angry freak out over it is honestly laughable.

Had Jeff not been so utterly put out by my lack of not psychically knowing one wasn’t in there, I bet I would have procured one in a single phone call. See, being nice to people in the service industry every now and then can get you a favor. Throwing Jeff like tantrums just land you a “get the fuck out of here” look.

So I let Jeff take over the job of office supply ordering, since I am an incapable monkey and sat there sorta laughing at Jeff’s anal way of seeing that a toner cartridge would be the end of the world. Madly dialing a phone, and no doubt muttering how unbelievably incompetent I am for missing one item, out of the last 200 I ordered. I whisper this – but I think Jeff actually believes I don’t order something on purpose. Ya know, because I have nothing else to do but have stompy, pissy attitude having bitches around me. Yes, I crave that. People are fucking nuts.

-DM

PS - To those who can behave them-fucking-selves with a bit of adult dignity, you'll be glad to know my halloween baskets are ordered, and some of you lucky ghouls will be receiving the haunted goodies in a few weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home