Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving Obligations

I don't know what I am supposed to be thankful for today. I am not crabby, but I won't say I'm in a great mood either. I have a cold, which is enjoying it's snotty havoc to kick off my vacation in perfect, coughing, sneezing, blowing boogers on eveything style.

Thanksgiving to me is lame. I'm not a fucking pilgrim. I never landed on a rock. In fact, I don't even know a single indian. What am I celebrating here?

To sum up my fuckedness:

I'm almost out of cigarettes, which simply makes me smoke more because cigs are fucked up in that way of making you nervous. It's quite a sick cycle.

I cannot breathe through my nose lest I swallow a gallon of goop from my sinus cavity. That's not only fun but delicious. /gag.

The peice of shit dvd player faltered all night (I cannot sleep without tv on) so I was up frequently, bitching at it, waking up everyone else because I refuse to be unhappy alone. That was very appreciated by the family as you can imagine.

I'm hungry, but not hungry. The sort of belly where you know you want to eat, but every food item on earth sounds like shit, so I have been pacing the house in a pink nightgown and laughably a thick winter coat, barefoot, and mad that I want to eat but it's just not happening.

Lastly, I have decided I WILL join Mr. Morgan to his family's thanksgiving. I do intend to use my cold to ward off the unwanted hugging rituals. Forever with their hugs. Just tell me you like me, I don't need to be touched. Pass me a note or something. Stop with the sentimental grabble-fest. It's not like I won't be back.

Attending Thanksgiving over there means hair prep, and god forbid someone toss my cranky ass into the shower and hose me down. Additionally, there are numerous fake smiles and ... lies. I hate to lie. I'm terrible at it, but I am frequently asked things that are clearly asked for the sake of asking. I'm not sure a lie is any worse than a falsely intended question, so I rationalize it that way.

You all know I find it very disgusting to gather around huge piles of food. Celebrating glutony is not my thing. Exception being a good buffet, but that's for another time. Another reason I do not enjoy eating over there is because, well... what I just said - I don't celebrate food. I eat in extremely odd patterns and items. I have not died yet, but Mr. Morgan's step mother watches my portions and has in the past accused him of controlling my food, that I am anorexic. This is a little more background of why I crave to give her a mouth lashing she so desparately deserves. And maybe a brick to her car window. There is no balls in talking behind my back, and more so talking about things that are so beyond untrue and NOT her fucking place to ever even consider. I....Just... Eat.... Weird. How much more clearly can I say that? Plus her food makes me vomit each and every time I'm over there.

So well, Happy Thanksgiving gang. I hope you all have a wonderful (albiet stupidly over-rated) holiday.

Comments please, let me know how you spent you day.

-DM

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm spending my day working, it's fun times! Gotta love living in Canada!

One of these years maybe I'll get used to working on Thanksgiving but I'm thinking probably not!

12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I spent the day hanging out with Family. It was great was lazy all day then had great food we all gave thanks to the food gods with great smiles and happiness. And Mr.Bean stopped over and also had a good meal he was lacking one for awile sice GrammieBean is in the (extra care place) i forget what it is called.We packed up a plat for her and sent along some jello. All in all it was a good day very restfull.

3:56 PM  
Blogger DMorgan's Zoo said...

When aren't you generally lazy Duck? I have little to comment about my day other than to note I WAS hugged, too much, but was very well behaved for a girl with a cold and a shitty attitute.

9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anonymous spent his/her day spamming people's comments me thinks.

1:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I spent Thanksgiving day with my friend at her brothers' houses. Their wives don't get along, so we had 2 separate meals. At 2nd brother's house, I got to show my competitive side playing a trivia game (I kicked ass). Friday, I spent with my hottie and his kids, was glared at and treated less than friendly by his eldest, then proceeded to have an amazingly wonderful rest of weekend. All in all, it didn't suck too much.

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cooked on my "free" (right!) wednesday afternoon then cooked again from 930am till 5pm. Then I ate, and none of my food killed anyone. All in all a successful holiday, given that two days of cooking takes the exact amount of calories as a huge Thanksgiving meal. Rest of weekend lazed (like a duck?). It was a very well spent holiday imho.
PS - get bent anonymous.

12:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chicken Guts! :)

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home