Thursday, May 10, 2007

Song Deds......

It's time for the semi-annual song dedications. This time it's a mini version, I'm playing with ideas to keep things fresh. Lyrics as always, important.

Anyone left out, don't feel bad, it's probably better that I am not thinking about you as DM thinking is usually plotty in nature.

The second video is the dedication to myself.



My self-dedication has lyrics that perfectly describe how I've felt inside yet rarely shown outside. Self pity and weakness is so unflattering. I will admit a little of it here now, maybe it will help me stop being so angry. It's interesting how candid I am about intimate things yet clam up on issues that shouldn't be locked up like a diary. I have been trying to draw, some success, but mostly faltering and I find myself thrashing and crying, ripping paper, struggling to admit I just can't do it anymore. I'm not shortchanging myself, but there is very little I am good at short of being a Muse, and I have never been very proud of an ability to write things that make people laugh. It's nice, but my art.... always made me proud. A feeling of accomplishment. I can only claim my red eyes are from allergies for so long, so there. I am a lying fraud, covering my pride with Visine. To become helpless offers a humble I hope none of you ever feel while you still have your wits about you. I think of those who tackle, should I say embrace? religion, when the songs says "it's in the hands of a bitter bitter man" and I wonder if I should take that as God, or the doctor who made sure I couldn't have surgery.



Ok... cheers then! Hope you enjoyed the songs.

-DM

14 Comments:

Blogger Saffyrre said...

Thank you so much for my dedication, it really means a lot to me! And my hubby can attest to my sexy tongue...HA!!!

I was going to put lots of really cute pictures of milk in my comments but unfortunately:

"Your HTML cannot be accepted: Tag is not allowed"

RATS!

MILK MILK MILK MILK *SMOOCH* MILK MILK MILK MILK MILK MILK MILK MILK MILK *SMOOCH* MILK MILK MILK MILK MILK MILK MILK MILK MILK MILK MILK

;)

7:46 PM  
Blogger DMorgan's Zoo said...

I'm mad for you. Lets both divorce and run away. Send for the menfolk when we feel so inclined.

Glad you liked, it's a fav song of mine, and your friendship means very much to this pain in the ass.

7:50 PM  
Blogger Saffyrre said...

I like that...send for the menfolk when we feel so inclined...

ROFL!

===whoosh of wind===

7:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like so much that you have always accepted me for who I am and you have always made me feel proud of that! So many others like to criticize, you just encourage

9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is nothing wrong with knowing what you want and accepting no less. I often wish I were more decisive. :) -DM

10:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Ms. Morgan. Lovely tributes, lovely work...and when I held an artists pencil, it was similarly...crowded. Call me the closet optomist, but you will draw again.

11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much DM! Most wonderful tributes. Your art is amazingly beautiful. I can't believe there is such injustice that keeps you from this. I can do that with my tongue also....Hottie is a happy guy!

11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, I also have blog on my MySpace. Feel free to check it out. BLD knows where to find it...it's not nearly as awesome as yours.

11:49 AM  
Blogger Saffyrre said...

Boss Lady's Daughter said...
Call me the closet optomist, but you will draw again.


I feel the same way!!

12:48 PM  
Blogger diana albright said...

I must say, the feeling is mutual. This place would bore far too much if it weren't for the antics and the conversation. I know the song, just not well enough to sing it, so... I'll find another to sing to you.

3:08 PM  
Blogger DMorgan's Zoo said...

No. It's that song.

4:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will forgive your neglecting to pay homage to my awsomeness... Nice song in your tribute to... you. There is much for you to take pride in besides your art, even if you don't see it those around you do. Though, I agree with BLD and Saffy, you will draw again. Can't keep a fish from swimming.

8:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MissNev is being humble and that's awful nice of her...but I have seen her tie a marachino stem into a knot. Once I saw her do a double knot, but that was a special occasion. Hey Saffy, can you tie a marachino? I think some sort of contest may be in order. Whose this chance?

12:25 PM  
Blogger Saffyrre said...

I've only tied it once :(

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home