Sunday, September 09, 2007

Again?

Keeping in trend, I fell again last night. This time at least I was mobile and not simply sleeping so the plausibility factor is a taste more lenient. We had supper with mom in law, pop in law, Prada and Mr. Prada, and step-sister (who is yet to be named because I see her so infrequently). Also in attendance were the gaggle of offspring, who are oddly behaved for their age – consistently behaved no less. I’m waiting to watch one of them loose their head and throw a mind bending fit, but it hasn’t happened. I am damn near disappointed.

The meal was delicious, and just as rich as the one from last week yet it managed to remain in my stomach. Proof, my friends.

On getting out of the car I took a tumble into the yard of rock-scaping, and fuck if I didn’t all but roll into the gutter. Having worn a short cocktail dress (no commando thank god) I’m sure there were crotch shots galore for all the neighbors. I look like a victim of severe domestic violence and woke up thinking I broke something ELSE. Skin is missing, bruises are popping up like a spring crop, and Mr. Morgan is simply shaking his head saying “You are a serious pain in the ass, but I love you anyway.”

I think it’s more of an affirmation than an intended statement.

I have given up on thinking that I will ever learn to walk, or be the graceful person I always thought I was. I am simply glad that I didn’t take the roll in front of his family, and grateful I did not smack my head this turn. I remain surprised because my shoes were very unassuming and not difficult to walk in, and my front porch isn’t tricky either. Drunk? Not remotely, it would be a great excuse, I... just…can’t…. walk.

Off to nurse my wounds. Hope all had a great weekend.

-DM

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too am bruised and battered, my kindred sister! Spent yesterday playing hooky from work, went sailing in the SF Bay with my hottie, and once again, that boat kicked my ass. I can only think of one other way I'd prefer to get bruised!

11:04 AM  
Blogger DMorgan's Zoo said...

The let a boat get ya? Well... as a water aversionist (word?) that's just what you get! Hookie with a hottie though hm! We seriously need bubble wrap outfits.

6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home