Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Ring Tossing

Not sure which Morgan woke up more bloodshot-eyed than the other. LeBeat got to either scratching or that thing in her ear liced open over the night. I checked her in the morning and my entire hand was covered in fresh blood. Not the brown thinking about drying blood, this was fresh as a slaughter and looking much like the pinnacle scene of Carrie.

There I was naked and trying to re-cone the dog by myself. The dog wanted no part of being re-coned.

Since she's in the equivelent of a cast (of sorts), I did what everone does. I decorated her as payback for bleeding all over me at 7 in the morning after waking us up all night in her misery. Plus it's, fun.She's totally fierce.

Not the first and not likely the last time she'll get to bleeding, and I feel greatly for her unhappiness, in fact it ruined my entire day worrying about her. Thus decorations were the least of the punishment she gets for not being able to not be herself and stop the self mutilation. Even cleaning the cone, while ON the dog was a chore that I see no one else in the house stepping up to. This is not a fun job friends. I stare at the money pit of fur in this house and wonder why people encourage us to have children. We are plentiful on issues, thanks. I have had a sit down with the conehead and explained that anyone else, she'd have been on a doorstep years ago. She yawned a drugged thank you.

The bleeding seems less, though she is ravenous for food and water, which I suppose is a good sign. No improvement on living in the cone, she constantly head-rams things, including us, as watching her attempt to get on the bed was pitiful. The lower ring catches on the matress on every attempt and it shocks her each time. I finally just lifted her up and reminded myself of a recent ass injury that hadn't screamed for a day. Adding that to her tab and thinking of cone games to play.

-DM..... Hey there Delilah, it's what's you do to me.......and you are so pretty.

3 Comments:

Blogger Saffyrre said...

Your poor, sweet girl! What a horrible mess and what itchy pain she must be in. Is she on any medication? Did the vet ever say what it was coming out of her ear? I hope she gets better very soon!!!!

10:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dig the cone decorations...Can I sign her cone? lol

9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the way you decorated her "cast" and I'm sure it makes her feel better. I feel so bad for her (and for all of you). I imagine the cone would drive me bugshit.

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home