Monday, September 10, 2007

Mama said there'd be says like this...

Still sore, still “whimpering quietly” as I was told to do. Of it all, my ribs are what are bothering me the most, perhaps a flare up from an old wound.

Today was an effort. Once you injure yourself well enough to require day long whimperings, then sleep on it, the morning offers a creaking of bones and bodily laughter that lends one a gasp and a “fuck it, I’m not going” but you know you have to.

I managed into some frock of an outfit and all morning Delilah was cockblocking my every step to show me she was not happy. Checked the bowls, all good on that front but the cockblocking didn’t cease. I had forgotten some trinket or other and went back to the bedroom, having damn near left for the day and Simon is huddled in a corner trembling as if he was in trouble. Sigh.

“Lemme check the butt.”
“Simon? Lemme check .. the… butt”

Thought so.

Enjoyable start to the morning. Never a dull moment when your dog’s ass is out on a Monday morning and he’s scared to beg you for help. Because I beat him so much of course. Hell I might hide in a corner of embarrassment too if I had a massive impacted turd half in and half out asshole gaping and inflamed with the horror of it. This is why Prada wants dogs!

Impaction solved, work done for day, and Mr. Morgan’s friend (we know my sentiments) has been arrested for being out drunk or alike. You can’t be out drunk? Granted he was making way to the car, but he had a good while before getting there. I hear tell family and friends were out with flashlights looking in bushes. Now THAT’S one hell of a time. They found him though, in the drunk tank alive and well and probably happy to curse my name because I am handy. I offered to fix up a nice spread for a boys night soon as he is sad over it and likely as embarrassed as Shitting Simon.

On a final note, our dear blog buddy Saffy’s grandmother passed today. Take a moment to send strong thoughts to her, we all know how heart stopping it is to get that call. Her name was Ida, and I'm sure she was a wonderful woman. (please refresh if video does not show).



Saff love you and yours, are in my thoughts very very much, and all I can offer is this song.

-DM

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My deepest sympathies for Saff and her family. My best wishes for Saff's grandma on her next journey.

11:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know that will mean a lot to her. -DM

12:38 PM  
Blogger Saffyrre said...

That does mean a lot to me, thank you!

Thanks, Sav for the tribute. I really do appreciate it. It's time like these that it really really sucks to live 2200 miles away from home. They postponed the funeral for me until Friday so that I can come so I'm flying down Thurs.

I can only hope now that there really is a God and she's up in heaven with my Nona (her Mom) and her son, Bernie, that died when he was 18mths old.

I'll miss you, Grandma!

Thanks again, Sav. (ps I really like the song)

6:22 PM  
Blogger DMorgan's Zoo said...

You know it's not a thankable expense to be there for a kindred. I lost my gram last year, it was the first loss I'd had and it made mortality very concrete. I resented it. I don't know about heaven, but I know I carry the soft smile of my Gram in my mind, and I that alone would be enough to make her beam. Love you goosesock.

6:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear the sad news, death is never easy.
As for the dog story....GROSS!!! This is the exact reason why I will never have one of my very own. If my dog had that issue I would have to wish it luck and hope it could solve its own problem :)

2:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not too terribly different from one of your kids having an "issue" as both scenarios get flopped into the tub or sink while the parent mutters "why are you doing this to me NOW?" -DM

2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and in case Saffy has left for travel, I'll make sure she knows you were kind to wish her well, she's really .. well probably the only person I know that is without fault, and nothing but nice all the damn time. Mr. Morgan would give a testicle for me to be nice for just one day straight! Something is wrong with her lol. -DM

2:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Belated condolences, Saffy. I lost my Gran earlier this year. I hope you had a safe journey for the funeral. Godspeed to your Grandmother on her journey.

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home