Monday, January 28, 2008

Dirty Thirty - It's my party and I'll whine if I want to

Miss Nev started this shit. She posted:

"I say let's have a PARTAY! We can all meet up at some undisclosed location...even in (where you are)..to celebrate. A few bites to eat, some alcohol...it would be way fun. Pick the place and start telling people. If you tell them, they will come! What about that place that used to be (a really expensive joint)"

If I invite, who will pay? What's the protocal? That's not a cheap joint but yes, a nice in between. I don't think anyone would come, but I'm not shy to sit alone in my birfin-day hat. Shit, it could even get me free pity drinks.

I'm not certain that is the proper place for the roudy bunch who "might" show up, and I'm not renting a private room. I can probably get my parents to lend me their lodge, but it's a long drive after drinking for most of you, although my floor and couches are more than able to welcome you. I'd bring a sleeping bag if you have one. I'll even make any party leftovers breakfast, and yes I'm serious. I cook a great breakfast.

Still thinking. Ideas are welcome or I'm sitting home in my hat dancing naked and mourning what I used to look like.

I also still like gifts - do see my reply to Mr. Shan about his Christmas gift. I get the point, you know better than to be ass hurt. I haven't seen the return item, so I presume you are pissed and cancelled it. That's ok. It wasn't a slight on you to exchange your gift. Fucking thing, while well intended was terrible in person. You know I love ya fucker, a lot, don't be mad, and get the family and come to my par-tay! If I have it.

I'm now at the age when things stop being about yourself. The horror right? I'm told my little Soldier Boy might be going to bootcamp school and my little #6 is now spitting on people. All I want to do is hold my sister so close to me that she can't breathe. I am helpless. I'd take my nephew in an instant, and I think I could straighten him out fast, and that's only because I have always seen it differently. All that matters is that my sister is in a mad struggle with her kids and husband and she has had a hard enough life. My jaw clenches to the point of pain. Give me those kids, one weekend. I don't hit, so don't even presume. Those bitches will be SO glad to go home and my house will be sparkling clean. They will not forget the definition of MOP or soap anytime soon. Never disrespect your mother. You will regret it, or become a felon, both of which I worry with these children. In the meantime I protect my sister with my life, and I'm pretty greedy about that one. I know I talk often of being protective, think of the look on Dexter's face. That is my girl.

-DM

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The way my homeys roll, they simply put out a message to anyone and everyone as to where and when. Such as "Come celebrat ME! on this date and this time and and this place. Drinks and appetizers/food will be available for purchase. I would love to see you all there, please show up."

Then you pick a spot (hopefully not overly expensive). I know many places here in Reno/Sparks, but not too many in Carson. It can be an after work thing, or a Saturday or Sunday afternoon thing. Get the word out and no one will be expecting you to foot any bill at all. Some bar and grill or restaurant with a lounge is wonderful. People show up, shower you with gifts and/or love, buy your drinks for you (after all, you are the B-Day gal), and have a wonderful time. That's how it works. No need for renting of a special place or breaking the bank. Just make sure YOU have a safe way to get your drunk (and older) ass home!

11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And for your sister, let her know that it really does get better and easier. I could make you swear off sex for good with tales of my oldest daughter...and she's amazing now. I think the reason they are so damn cute when they are little is so that we can stand them when they get older and mouthy.

Hey, what about Bully's for a partay?

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home