Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Lookin' for a nut!

The job hunt goes on. I have had a few bites, but it’s rather pathetic pickings. I applied for unemployment, something I never once in my life have done. They called former boss and actually was nudging her to say I’d done something bad like theft etc. She wouldn’t because uh… I didn’t steal? Ok fine, I took my pink pen with me. They really gave her a hard time and since are giving me a hard time. I’m not asking to sit home with Jerry Springer, I’m asking to eat and keep a roof over my head until the phone rings in my favor.

The poppin corn interview was … an exercise in how to interview. I know I did just fine but much like anything in my life, it’s either greeted with understanding, or a pitchfork. I was very honest and she expressed that her only concern was the commute. And that I smoke. Since when is that illegal? We'll see, but it's leaning towards no. Long drive and someone concerned that I smoke. In Nevada. Yeah. Lol I think people forget this isn't California and get very funny looks from me when they say silly shit about smoking.

It's been 6.5 years since I have gone on an interview, so, I'm pleased to say I was confident, great eye contact and very honest in what I can and cannot do. She even thought I was serious when I asked for free poppin’ corn on the way out. I’m always bummed when my humor is wasted.

I have a "phone meeting" with some jerkoff from the unemployment dept. on Thursday to discuss if I'm qualified for benefits. They sent me a Visa card that will have deposits made into it when I am approved. What ... the... fuck! I'm new to all this but it's really weird to me. How do I pay rent on debit? Very baffled but Mr. knew all about it. I'd rather have the check. To boot, the card is all obvious - like handing over food stamps, everyone KNOWS what you've got in your hand. I'm not shy, it's just a blaringly obvious observation.

Looking through want ads is painful. The names they assign to jobs are downright silly. Lets go through some and see what I came up with.

Document Destruction Manger – Shred shit!
Straightening Technician – (I actually had to look at this one) folds clothing, retail.

I could go on and on but the glorified titles are insane. Bosslady’s Daughter and I had a hoot about all the PC shit, people calling shoes footwear when they are just fucking SHOES! I don’t WEAR shoes, I OWN footwear. Get away from me or you might be wearing some foot.

Digressing. I uh, have an interview on Friday with a foster childrens’ organization. This came in as I was in (not kidding) tears of frustration for two of my local applications being returned. Not even self pity, absolutely ready to tear my hair out as both that came back had taken an hour each to complete.

Don’t say it. DM? Kids? Lock up the sports equipment! I don’t hate them, and remember I have paid for one little mexican child to eat and stay warm for the last… 5 years? Not much money, but beans and rice are cheap. That also said, I don’t necessarily like them. I think I do very well reasoning with a child who isn’t screaming, perhaps I have misrepresented myself all this time. I cannot, and who can, try to be rational with a tornado. There is no need in my opinion to soothe a brat. It can calm itself and we'll find a way to work things out. I have no problem watching silently as a child loses it's little mind. Life is hard after all. In the past when I've said I have no use for them, those were the attitudes I was referring to. Same thing with adult drunks, who wants to mess with someone young or old being a fool. Regain your senses and we can talk, meanwhile cry your face off, I'll watch and make sure you aren't in danger but I'm not fucking with you until things become reasonable. Ha, many would say same of me. So that’s that.

I will post again tomorrow, I don’t want to drown you all in one soggy entry.

-DM

-ps don't forget to google Kylee's Playground, she's getting so so big!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

kids are overrated.

3:40 PM  
Blogger MissNev said...

Also, underestimated.

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home