Saturday, July 05, 2008

Happy 4th!

While I cannot say I am happy with the state of this country, I am patriotic and have been afforded a lucky dice roll to have been born here, because as shitty as it has become, this is still a wonderful country. For now. The freedoms I am given (smaller as time goes albeit) are very appreciated and on this day, I’m celebrating why I am grateful…. and not why I should be rightfully pissed and throwing rocks at the White House.

This holiday seems to me, to be more of a reason to express being grateful than Thanksgiving. Our world is on a rapid decline, so I pick today to be happy to be alive.
  • I’m grateful to have a home, when so many don’t.
  • I’m grateful to have no one in my family serving in a war gone lost.
  • I’m grateful for food in my belly and gasoline in my car, neither easy tasks these days.
  • I’m grateful to be an American slob who collects more shit than people in other countries don’t even know exist.
  • I’m also grateful to be able to share this opinion without being arrested, circumcised, blinded, beaten, or killed. That’s if Karl Rove doesn’t see this right?
So here are the Morgan’s happy to be well nourished, (kinda) employed, and living life in the way of Maslow’s Hierarchy. We sat on our porch as normal to watch and not have to mingle with the traffic. It's all about location baby!

Prior, I asked my fellow patriots to indulge me. The Russian cares not unless it means a live chicken chase as reward. I indicated this was reasonable and possible. But since he doesn't speak english, I later told him I lied. THAT, he understood and scowled off with his thumb of a tail giving me the universal finger.

Here we fight for the shot I wanted. We each had a flag, and of course Kylee had to be the pain in the ass. "Get the photo, and fast!"

Stop eating the Russian. He is a friendly today.

Look what you did Kylee! Your mother is a sweaty mess trying to get you to play with the rest of the team! In the background, so you don't have to ask.... is a chunk of wall she ate. Why? Only Kylee knows why she went mid wall to satisfy herself.

But "Battle Born" Nevada she is.... carrying our state flag.

I’m proud to wear a flag in my hair, and I want to sing Proud to be an American, where at least I know I’m free…..” But even that is getting thin. This year, I’m ok to enjoy the 4th and really do hope for better.

This photo is just because, I'm nosey.... we have new Jeffs. So far have not seen a dog. I DID however spy THIS:


"The neighbors have an electric cow."
"A what?"
"Electric cow, like the bull ones in redneck joints. I saw it."
"Did not."
"Wanna bet? I got a photo."
"I'm not surprised."
"Whatcha think they'll do with it?"
"Ride it?"
"Yeah, I guess they might. Still weird though."
"So are you."
"Then get me an electric cow and I'll say you are right."

He hates when I spy, but I was just taking out the trash and there it was. Who walks past THAT?
__

I like this song and take a twist to it. Me and lyrics! When he sings “We’re Talkin’ real loud again” I take it as EXACTLY ASSHOLE!, maybe we need to shut the fuck up already! There is no pride in arrogance, where are we from it? And not even WE, perhaps I live on the side of the earth that shakes their head when being spoken for incorrectly. Last I checked, I knew how to use my own vocal cords but we don’t hear them do we? We see them on signs in the news, like we are acting out unfairly. How else can we speak? So here is my angry rant session to end this entry.


Below is probably not for the right wing, but….. I watch right wing shit – why not watch what is 100% true and documented? It’s so misconstrued that we are hippies who want peace and love only. How about we have eye balls against daft ideas…. where are theirs to not see this shit? Explain it to me. Try. Seriously. I ask you to watch to the end... the Bush collage hit me hard.





Meanwhile my heart bursts open daily and fidget on who will push the red button. Paranoia abounds. Still team Hillary, but Obama…. bring us home before the planet explodes.

-DM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home