Sunday, August 24, 2008

My Name is Pelican

I am in PAIN! Since there have been no job bites, I thought why not have a garage sale. I spent days getting all my junk in order and a friend even donated some stuff to the cause. Mr. Morgan made fun of this effort, and it stirred some anger, because I'm trying at least to do something! Get rid of clutter and turn a coin, win-win situation right?

I got up at 5am and set things up, all by myself, hauling the living room furniture out because those are the only tables I own. After two hours in, not a SINGLE customer as I sat there stupidly with my change box.

Kylee then got loose because she's two minutes from going into heat and a male beagle was walking by. There is no reasoning with her and she is very powerful. She literally drug me accross the street, where I fell hard on the sidewalk. Very hard. I tried to get up and she pulled again, faceplanting me into a bunch of rocks. She got loose from her collar and took off. Bless my neighbors, they came out with a leash to harness her and help me in an obviously helpless state.
They bring her home and she tugs AGAIN so hard HE falls! Three stooges anyone????? I was so embarrassed! I'm still embarrassed. I can barely walk today and have many more fun wounds to hide on interviews. Hell I'm not certain something isnt broken, I can't hardly put any weight on that leg. Full weight went barrling down onto my right knee and what felt like 20 miles per hour. I'm waiting to see what color my jaw is going to turn after picking rocks out of it. Yes, she drug me so hard they stuck into my face!

After that I packed in my efforts and cried. Mr. Morgan gave me a bit of an "I told you it wouldn't work." then thought I was silly for crying. I'm not part of the Jackass crew, when a grown woman falls - twice, and can't control her pet least 3 neighbors come to help... you bet I cried. As of today she is shamed. Every time I see brown I associate it with pain.

I'm now baking muffins to take over there and thank them again. The man fell on my property for fucks sake, and fell as hard as I did. If I'm hurting this badly, god knows how much someone twice my age is faring today. I dont' bake, and I've never baked a blueberry muffin. Those blueberrys are some touchy little fuckers, they lice with even the lightest touch. EDIT - I took the muffins over and the gent was surprised and very grateful. Even remembered my name, perhaps for the lawsuit? Lol, it was the very very VERY least I could do and I wrapped them in a nice backet with a note of appreciation. This also is why I don't want to move, short of the Jeff's, my neighbors really step up, as do we. It's a lovely place to live.

In other news, Mr. Morgan has begun writing a book and is quite excited and passionate about it. I'm being very supportive and step in for him to read the newest chapter, without anything but positive energy. I fear he is not looking into the bigger picture that on every editors desk are thousands of other hopefuls. I wrote a book many years ago tha was/is very good, and I am being subjective, it's and amazing and very unique story, but the rat race to be published is painful and most times costly. Mr. Morgan is also very impulsive, we have a room full of guitars, and other things he swore would change his life that now collect dust. I can't deflate him though, everyone deserves a chance at achieving their goals and wishes.

-DM

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know it’s funny what I had been thinking for the last week or so is that YOU should give writing a go again. You have such a great way with words and you have a very strong "voice." your writing always manages to entertain, and you have a great imagination. I really think you could get published.

In any case good luck to Mr. Morgan in his endeavor. And I hope you get some bites in your job hunt soon.

2:30 PM  
Blogger DMorgan's Zoo said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

6:09 PM  
Blogger DMorgan's Zoo said...

I appreciate that seniment very much. There is a fine line between two artists in one home. I think it's fairly well observed that the crown of that title rests on my head but I'm not trying to point that out. While I adore my husband, I also know I am a lot better at art, music, and writing than he is - although we did meet by writing and he is the only one I've met in person to see my wit and try to raise it. He hates analogies and I live for them. He is trying to take my advice when he reads me his latest inserts but gets easilly frustrated and says "well I can change all of that later." I admit to cocking my head and stayin silent, when I know that while physically I am a fucking train wreck, I do indeed have the gift of type and know what sounds good. I'll elaborate later on his content, I'm always happy for anyone who has passion for something. But I will stretch and say yes, I am better. He is better at things that I couldn't wrap my head around if I begged to. Don't tattle. :)

6:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you run a notice on Craigslist for the garage sale? I had one a couple of months ago, ran an ad on craigslist, paid $20 bucks for RGJ and I was swamped with people.

2:13 PM  
Blogger DMorgan's Zoo said...

I'm not doing that again. I had no help and all Mr. Morgan did was say it looked thin. How much can I cram onto 3 tables??? He's really being an ass lately.

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home