Monday, July 13, 2009

Dedication Days Begginith.

My Ount Vick is a kool kitty kat. She lives in a place I wouldn't wash my socks, but my socks aren't entirely picky. It's where she's pretty much always lived so it would be a pot calling a kettle to give her a hard time. All I know is it sounds moist, and insect-y. I was born in MO, so yeah, moist.... insect-y. I don't know entirely WHY I was born there, I think it was a facet of baby daddy and being held hostage womb style. So....

Hi Ountie V. This dedication is from an era that I didn't manage to be alive for concert age wise. I am taking a bit of a stretch in this guess, but I can see you and my mom having a ball to something not unlike this, shoulders rolling, twirling about much like I do when I hear it. Generations are not all lost on rap and being forgetful how damn groovy my elders are. Solid nod babes, I got me some groove in my heart (and not B52 style lol). Call my mom and thank her, she did good with this bean, and I happen to know that my mom could tear shit up in her time. It pleases me a great deal to know that I am her spitting image, with a lot less of the evisceration she took. She always liked you.



- DM

4 Comments:

Blogger MissNev said...

Heart was one of my very favorite concerts ever. Anne and Nancy Wilson are amazing on stage. Great dedication!

10:59 AM  
Blogger DMorgan's Zoo said...

Ty. Oddly the album cover isn't that far of a stretch of how my mum and ount looked then. My mum would be the chick on the right. Smokin!

1:41 PM  
Anonymous BLD said...

AWESOME!! I have always loved White Lightening and Wine, and thought no one else knew of it. Some of Heart's other songs on that album made people forget that the whole damn album was hot.

Thanks for the memories. I bet your elders tore it up reckless and beautiful (and probably at least one of them was wearing knee high moccassins, oh hell yes).

12:53 PM  
Blogger DMorgan's Zoo said...

I'll have to dig up some mom photos, she indeed wore those shoes that for lack of better description, looked like someone glued a doorstop wedge under her heal. And she rocked each and every step. Good girl for knowing the song name. Knew I liked you for some reason or another.

6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home