Sunday, July 12, 2009

Gnatty Apples

Talk about the lowest blow possible - take away my computee cruncher. My pc went on almost indefinite hiatus. This is when you find me in a corner rocking back and forth talking about mashed potatoes and why carrots grow the way that they do.

I've fixed most of it, but my files are still gone. Programs still gone. In time I'll get it sorted out. Not a big secret that if you want me on my knees begging to be a free maid it's my machine out of commission. I'll think about 6 years of work, photos, and what not later.... as of today I am not to that stage of therapy.

We went to a baseball game yesterday. The UNR new team. Instead of a company picnic, Mr. Morgan's workplace bought us all tickets for the game. Like I watch baseball right? /ahem. Mr. Morgan made me feel like a fucking moron for introducing myself apparently to people I've met before. In my defense - he can get fucked, by the same virus eating my machine! Between 100 employees, and forever family members/cousins/boyfriends/girlfriends/kids/ounts/oncles, I'm lucky to know my OWN name. Be glad that I'm friendly and don't point out that I'm embarrassing him, or ya know..... leaving me home is always an option. I didn't even know the name of the team. It's new I'm told, and I insist for whatever reason to call them The Apples. No reason, I know their name starts with an A and I like Apples. Mr. Morgan said "who would ever name their team Apples???"

I said.... me.

We found the gnat source. Mr. Morgan pussyfooted for two days about it so I knew the source was not my nasty habit of leaving food around. He finally bellied up the truth and it's coming from his disgusting bathroom which I cannot clean because the sink is stopped up for.... shit I dunno..... a year? I wipe it best I can but it does not drain. I can call the landlord but now isnt the the time to be a pain in the ass renter. So in his wisdom, he has ... let's say "dammed it up" with some sort of tshirt to block the infestation. I want nothing to do with it, but suspect that eventually, it's going to be my task to do just that.

-DM

5 Comments:

Anonymous BLD said...

I think they're called Aces. I found out yesterday that mom is plotting to get me and the kids there. She's also now inviting us to bbqs once a week. Sigh, doesn't she know me?

A part of me adores Mr. M because he is a train wreck in just the sort of way that I am....you know, the socks in the drain sort of way. I am not alone.

Of course its easier to get away with that sort of crazy when you're a guy. It's almost expected. Pity me!!!

11:36 AM  
Blogger MissNev said...

I love that Mr. M's way of fixing things always seems to involve a sock! Yes, the ACES!!! It really is a good time. I've been to several games and LOVE it. Zoe and I went to the game on Saturday night, and even though we got rained on a little, it was still great. I would love weekly bbq's. Not with my family....with another family.

3:41 PM  
Blogger DMorgan's Zoo said...

So you were there when I was??? We were in the foul ball section. Great seats and nice stadium!

Sometimes breaking bread with strangers is almost preferred. Think Tournament of Kings.... woot.

6:17 PM  
Blogger MissNev said...

We were in the very last section on the 1st base side. Usually, I just get general admission and either sit on the grass or in the Coors Light party area along 3rd base side.

10:57 AM  
Anonymous BLD said...

LMAO - he does solve everything with socks! Excellent observation.

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home