Monday, August 24, 2009

Holla to my BM Girls (and .. mmmmm boys)

BLD reminded me today that the time is upon us. Burning Man has commeth. It's the only holiday I celebrate without ever having gone. I live vicariously through my delicious ladies and they never disappoint.

I hope they don't wreck The Man this year, that wasn't cool. I'm fairly glad I don't participate, not just because of the weather issues, but because I think I have an idea of Burning Man in my head that I don't want to replace with the reality of it. I'm rather fond of my perception. So .... in favor of it being time and wearing a sneaky proud grin, let's us listen to some of this and celebrate.

Tonight Light me up, before I go... If I'm causing no harm, it's shouldn't bother you.... if you don't like my fire.. then don't come around, 'cause I'm gonna burn one down.

Rock Burning Man, rock. Any festival carrying the (literal) torch of personal expression, freedom and otherwise most awesome folks on earth... I approve. Burn baby, burn.





- DM

1 Comments:

Anonymous BLD said...

OMG Ben Harper looks nothing like I imagined.

Thanks ever so for the dedication I didn't see till now -well after the burn.

I know the disappointment of reality vs your imaginings, but I tell you Burning Man would not disappoint your imagination. It would be what you imagined, and so much more. You're one of the few, I would truly delight in seeing out there.

Thank you so much for your many and various donations to our oasis, The Livers End. You are an intergral part of something - might as well check it out some day, lol.

I haven't had a chance to talk to you, and you know I can't yet show pictures, but your gifts were beautiful and well appreciated by the crew, the patrons and even passers by. One of our crew made a kick ass bicycle carriage for two with a black canopy and red skull and crossbones. They ended up dedicating it to LE and putting our name on the carriage, also in red. i have the most beautiful picture of it under the lanterns.

you would have also loved a beautiful (stunning) young man in our bar - dressed in full burning man, Mad Max regalia - gifted us by singing Man of La Mancha. He really belted it, and he possessed the voice of an angel. People in the street came running to see and he sang so passionately that we could all see the windmill and tears were rolling Ms. D! it was one of the most beautiful, impromptu moments I've ever experienced, and I so wished you were there. You would have d i e died. That would have been your wings and then some, and I'm really sorry I couldn't capture it for you.

Burning Man is full of beautiful and mysterious gifts that you can't bring home. I'll see you there one day - I will.

Good to be back though. /smiles

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home