Wednesday, January 31, 2007

For Shirley......

I got to thinking earlier today, wondering, yet knowing a particular commentor is a relative who refuses to nut up, pun intended. My mother's birthin-day was yesterday and I phoned her to have a weird ass conversation. I'd asked what she wanted for her day and she'd replied briefly.... Lobster.

When I called I asked what restaurant she wanted and she had thought she was clear that she wanted an actual lobster flopped onto her porch. I asked live or dead, and she didnt care as long as it was wrapped and wouldn't walk off as she's been hawking prices for a while.

This was not going to happen so I asked where do you want to sup? She said she didn't want lobster after all and would rather eat shitty food served by shitty unhappy people at Olive Garden. Well ok. Done and done! Those are my words. She thinks Olive Garden rocks and the mean fuckers who serve her are tip worthy.

I mentioned that someone posted my hat fetish being genetic and that I thought it must be a relative. She said... like who? I said Ount Shirley. I heard my mother's heart stop. She said I must be mistaken, but I insisted. She reminded me Shirley died several yars ago of bone marrow or alike, no matter the familys' attempts to thrawt this painful episode. I do not remember her and it really freaked my mom out. I asked why and she said that Shirley was a hat person too, and one of her favororite people of my dad's side of the clan. It really upset her. Why I thought it was Shirl.... fuck if I know, maybe I should be freaked out too! So I did! Mom says of the entire flock, if I am most resembling any of them... it's Shirley. Who can't smile at THAT? Then cry a little. Below is my burial song, potentially reposted (yes I have one), but for Shirley and myself since I have found out we are so kindred. I have missed a great deal of my heritage and that does bother me, so hearing tonight that I resemble someone my mother beams of..... I'll take it with a wide grin. She is after all a picky bitch. I'm proud to be like Shirley.

Lyrics are gorgeous.

-DM


Alan Parsons Project Old And Wise

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

not only are you beautiful, you are also very perceptive.....grasshopper. Ount Shirl, like u, was a Halloween Fanatic, Christmas Kook, Hat-Stravaganzist and more. After regrouping, I will converse more with you about her. Our loss of her was and still is very painful. She was one of the few good people to occupy this planet. She died from Leukemia. Very sad day. Your song is nice. Also in hatstravaganza your choice of Peter, Paul & Mary really hit home. Grandma (my mom) used to (she hasnt done much in the last years) also was good with canvas as u seem to be. There are many more similarities to your disjointed clan than u will ever realize. Odd that you have a burial song....i have chosen one too.

xo

9:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

p.s. Ount Lynn is another Mad Hatter. She also wears them with pride, beauty & a smile.

xo

9:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

one more p.s. please tell your mom Happy Birthday. I have fun memories from her time here in Missouri.

thanx,

Ount Vicki
(aka akorn)

9:53 PM  
Blogger DMorgan's Zoo said...

Mom is fairly stubborn, weird and otherwise insistent you all hate her. I write about her time to time, mostly when she pisses me off or lol more recently about flushing my pot, the nerve! You don't FLUSH the pot.... you act like you did and palm it for yourself to smoke later. Silly Rabbits! I will try to post some of my art for you soon Akorn, mostly nekked women and not painted, drawn. I know gramma has mad talent. Love you.

9:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn! I'm all moopy. You guys are making me cry.

9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is such an amazing thing! All of it! your entry gave me goose bumbs, made me tear up, then made me smile. Awesome song and beautiful tribute. I was, for a moment, thinking that your Muse (ount shirley) was reaching out to you from beyond (and probably is through channeling of your other ount). Such a wonderful way to start my day!

10:26 AM  
Blogger DMorgan's Zoo said...

Ya know Miss Nev..... maybe she was. I was very creeped out last night, but in a good way after a moment of pause. Things do happen for a reason and her name flashined into my head ... tho I cannot say why, so perhaps. Crazy.

11:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, if any of our ancestors channel thru to u or i....no need to be afraid. It is love and caring that brings them to us. But rest assured that no channeling brought u and i together. Curiousity of the only neice that i have never really known or had contact with is what made me search you out on here and on other sites, many months ago. From reading your writings I have learnt alot about you and realized that your thoughts, mannerisms, sense of humor, artistic talents and in many other ways....you are alot like each of us. And please believe that we all love you more than you know.

As far as your mom, probably the only one that really had real resentment towards her is your dad. None of the rest of us would have stayed either. Just going away so far really sucked, but then again she went to where she came from. Where she called home and did what she felt she needed to to survive. I indicated before that I have alot of good memories from time spent with her and I truly do. Only regret that I have is that the one time you three came back to visit, i was too stoned and strung out and did not take advantage of the little time we had together.

So enough of this mush. Main reason that i have not indicated who i am is because i did not want to affect the way u write and behave, knowing that i would be reading it. I love you for who you are. You truly are a silly shit.

Much Love,
Akorn

7:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...what a sweet comment!! Seriously, beautiful! *wipes tears*

9:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:49 AM  
Blogger DMorgan's Zoo said...

It is ... I lack words. /licks lips in thought. can say that your comments are a DM Zoo first. It's all rather interesting and voyeuristic for my readers to read something as I do for the first time. I have rather tilted my head at it. I have however heard feedback above whats posted here that you comment was touching and cool. I expect no less from a member of my family and would hate to bust out the tire iron for anyone who talked shit. /heee

9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

of course it is.

xo

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home