Friday, April 04, 2008

Morgan House Drama

We've been at hospital from 230pm until.... god what time is it? 9:30. Mr. Morgan's step mom whacked herself on pills and is in renal (kidney) failure. THAT fast. They are saying because she was on so many pain pills, she didn't know she had an infection because there was no pain. Pissing blood generally tips me off but hey...

I guess she was popping oxycontin, vicodin, xanax, percocet and about 3 others. I lost track. We sat with her - she's intubated but I held her hand and talked to her for a time. They are pretty sure she's done, and we are all so worried for his dad. He's guilt ridden because she's .... not "quite" like me, but complains so much he stopped taking her serious and ignored her the day he came home and found her unconscious on the floor. When she came to, she was swatting the air and talking jibberish - much like end stage renal failures go.

She can't breathe on her own at all, it drove Mr. Morgan out much like seeing Leedy with a breathing tube did. The nurse ... well she sucked. And guys, we all know I do not care much for this woman, but even with all her personality faults, there is a time to put shit aside and be nice. Hold a dying woman's hand. Wipe her eyes, and smoothe her hair because the staff sucks and I refuse to let a patient, let alone a family member.... look like shit with crusty fucking eyes. No one gets to prospectively die on this family without dignity if I have anything to say about it.

I mentioned to the nurse about her chest tube sitting there with tons of green shit in it, and asked why (as I pointed) wasn't it in there. Being the recepticle. She got right on that. My faith stumbled.

I worked two days with a respiratory therapist during clinicals, I've seen suction, I've seen what is supposed to be in the collection jugs and she had nothing. Not a drop but that tube was all but plugged up! Got her ass hopping though. I will never shy down when I know shit they don't think I do. Crying family doesn't mean stupid or uneducated. My portion is really to be there for the family. And to watch that damn tube.

It was very difficult for me because when the doctors come out and say things, even if in lamen..... I know exactly when they are covering their ass, which is always. Sometimes to a higher degree, and this was that time. I cocked a brow at the bullshitting, and Prada busted their balls as well. I was pretty pissed that Mr. Morgan said I was unsupportive. I really don't know how more I could have been, get a tire iron and beat the shit out of the prescribing doctors?

We are on phone notice for the entire weekend, hoping we don't hear in ring in the night. Mr. Morgan is very upset, VERY. Made quite a few speeches defending her past behavior, but as I said..... I left my baggage at the door when I heard she is very likely to die. I even whispered some Jesus and God shit to her .... quietly, hearing is the last to go, did you all know that? I know she would like that and even if I don't suscribe to it, I studied it and know the shit to say. Practiced my speech with much thought for a 40 minute drive!

So Dr. Reverend DM Morgan did her deed and hopes for the best. I think we visit again tomorrow and I will severely go to task if I see her vitals being ignored and tubes not being flushed. God comes with wraith, and last thing they want is a dirty preacher with a medical background on their hands.

-DM

3 Comments:

Blogger Saffyrre said...

I'm so sorry this is happening to your family! Sounds like you are doing a great job looking out for her tho. What a good step-daughter-n-law you are! I'll be sending lots of good thoughts to the Morgan family.

9:34 PM  
Blogger MissNev said...

I'm sending positive thoughts your way. If I were in the hospital, I'd want you in my corner!

10:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr Morgan is just not thinking - you te Dr Rev bomb, and I too would have you in my corner.

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home