Monday, June 30, 2008

Thanks GW

We anxiously awaited our check, which in a letter was said to be 1200. We jumped, as we very much need it. We've not been checkbook fucked for a while, lately, we are, so that letter was met with a crazy jig.

I marched to the mailbox tonight and there was a check. I skipped the whole way home, happy as a skipping girl gets. Only to wonder why it was 450 less. I instantly blamed myself as my ex-husband "forgot" to file one year much to my surprise. We do not know if that is the reason but we are deflated.

I'm tasked to call about it. I frankly don't want to drop my name. "Oh it's YOU.... we forgot about ya, but didn't forget the interest."

We are not to be evicted and no lights are going off, it's not that emergent but enough that credit is being employed as a medium until shit levels out. Mr. Morgan is not used to that medium and is actively, but silently, losing his shit. For me, I've been there so am not freaking whatsoever. I can live in a car again if need be but it sure isn't ideal.

So I suppose I call the IRS tomorrow and play dead? I already am and don't even have a phone in my hand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home