Thursday, October 23, 2008

Don't stop 'til you get enough!

Woken up from a napping zombie stupor......

"DM?"
"Do I owe you money?"
"No no ... I'm calling to ask if you early voted."
"Um, I don't know hold on, dry mouth." continue "ok, no I'll vote on the day."
"May I ask who you are voting for?"
"Where did you get my number?"
"From... my list."
"Where are you." Totally not a question.
"I'm at a phone."

See how people who aren't sure of others will tell nothing!

"Ok if I answer McCain is this conversation over?"

And the phone went dead.

She dialed right back and it went on, with giggles.

"I can't like McCain?" I asked.
"I didn't mean to disconnect, very sorry."
"I know, you're eager ... where are your headquarters?"

She told me her location and I knew she was a friendly working just where I have been over the last month. I asked for another sticker. I'm promised it can happen.

"You are really there right?"
"Yes?"
"What color are the walls?"
I trust no one.
"They are really.... busy, I'd say beige?"

Ok... pass.

She then did the rap we are all asked to, meaning bug people for their time, money and hope of a vote. I told her that sure fine, I was cool to peddle 11/4 flyers at 6am to remind folks to get up and vote, but only if more stickers were in it for me. She promised a sticker factory and was shocked I'd do it at 6am. Been two elections, but I also did this for Gore and was only once chased off by a man in a robe waving a newspaper like a weapon. Not even ringing the bell, just little door hangers and fresh morning air. Not even partisan no less, just says hey.... get up!

So yes, 6am seems prime time to not get beaten by a crazed McCain supporter. I'm just doing my part man... relax.

Ok there -might- be a photo of Obama on it, I don't know, I haven't seen them just said I'd come and Donna was thrilled. I'll be glad when it's all over. All of it. The trash talk trying one side to the other...... but pssst.... we got this shit in the bag.

I dont want to be u that damn early but it'll make me happy to know I did even more that I already have. Don't stop til we get enough!!!




- DM

4 Comments:

Blogger Khadra said...

6am may be when the McCain supporters are leaving for work. Make sure no one tries to run you over.

6:39 AM  
Blogger Saffyrre said...

GOOOOD LUCK!!!! I'm starting to really get worried, still no absentee ballot for me :(.

4:55 PM  
Blogger DMorgan's Zoo said...

Where been saffy??? I was about to send a search party for you!!

5:35 PM  
Blogger Saffyrre said...

Been hiding!! Year-end has left me frazzled...

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home