Monday, February 26, 2007

Shells and Wails

I've about killed the turtles. They won't eat, can't stay warm, and otherwise want to torture my mind. It's all rather more than I want to deal with, and I admit to purposely not looking their direction. I did make a video of them while alive though.



In other news I seriously need work. Please? Everyday I am hit with some form of emotional berating that any grown person should have left behind in the third grade. I was sent an email (lucky!) using the exact words "I can't believe you were going to send this inept......" and "this is totally unacceptable" Just fucking fire me already. Nothing puts a hop in ones' stride more than being told (OFTEN) how incapable of doing anything right. I am seriously tired of it and crying everyday at work is also totally unacceptable. Five years of being inept yet no firings.... hm..... scapegoat much? Please give me work, I beg!

-DM

7 Comments:

Blogger Jacq said...

I've been there too! Don't let them get you down. People belittle in order to make themselves feel better. I had that same situation and it was really depressing. I used to have to get up from my desk at least once a day to walk around the building for 5 min so that I wouldn't start crying. Sometimes it didn't work.

I hope you do find a new job. The one thing that was positive that came out of that was that I started my master's (part time) in order to educate myself out of that hell hole. I'm not quite done yet but I'll soon be done and move on to the next chapter in my life.

3:34 PM  
Blogger DMorgan's Zoo said...

Thats extremely commendable. What subject did you chose? I had always planned to be a doctor, but financially, it wasn't going to work. Now that I am financially secure, how could I go through 12 years of schooling, and 18 hour days and expect to keep Mr. Morgan. It's tongue biting, but I'm sure I made the right choice. Props on the motivation to better yourself, you can toss more my way anytime!

5:52 PM  
Blogger Jacq said...

I'm doing a double concentration in Education and Community Studies. I've been focusing on learning disabilites and ADHD.

I've been doing it part time for 4 years now and will graduate next year. That makes it possible for me to a)afford it b)continue to work and c)still be a mom and a wife.

I wouldn't want to be a doctor myself because I'd be too terrified I'd kill someone. Too much pressure. I want a job where if I screw up nobody dies.

6:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

confucious say....misery loves company.

xo

9:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i laughed... i cried... i cried some more. and the soundtrack... 5 stars. emmy, golden globe, oscar, what-the-fuck-ever shit right there man. and perfect finishing touch with the "dead skunk in the middle of the road" superb. 2 thumbs up

10:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Turtles have survived thousands of years of evolution. I'm keeping the faith! If it wasn't meant to be, then so be it!

10:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll post later what I did to poor Tardy last night. The horror!

To Jacq - lol on the fear of blame. In your profession could you always just say "Well hey man, we all knew they were mentally iffy." I give that a nod. (can't sign as self at work. Work gods have cut off all my privileges). -DM

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home