Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Hatstravaganza 2007 Part One

Alright. At long last Hatravaganza Part One is ready for release. (Those who sent hats not included, do not feel slighted, oh have I a use for every hat to cross my path). I pick theme's as they come.

Bosslady’s Daughter and the Grandmaster came upon an assortment of hats from…. who I now refer to as “I LOVE YOU!” It was a semi-sneaky arrangement to get them my direction, so I had to work hard, fast, and my camera crew consisted of a drunk husband on an arsenal of cold medication, while continuously aware that the last words from Bosslady’s Daughter was “Yes you can take them home for the night but I’m going to worry non-stop.”

Makes you half want to start a fire huh? I jest, they are quite the heirloom and I am more than appreciative to have enjoyed them. I even made Mr. Morgan wash the gel from his hair before wearing his piece because.. honestly, when you have a fascination with something your eyes will fall right out of your head to see it risked. Mine happens to be hats so I was all but making fucker’s scrub fingernails before they could touch this stuff. Plus it was on a very worried loan, let’s not forget.

To my word, all came back, wrapped proper, smoke free, yet I stared out my window to the car they were captured (yes CAPTURED!) several times throughout the day. Very lovely and I do extend my most gratitude to have worn them, even for a rushed evening, my head doesn’t know the difference. It just will eventually wonder why we don’t have that perfect hat. I can tell it that it’s wasn’t ours but …. My head is … DM and it will ask why, since everything has partial DM stock after all.

Those who sent hats and are not in this will see why. Do not feel left out, they WILL be used and are more than appreciated. /cough Pogo… missing yours.

Enjoy the Hatsravoganza 2007, Part One. Yes it’s meant to look old, Mr. Morgan didn't get it until I stomped feet and said can't you listen to lyrics and take in a little of how art works? Have you met me? While I am a daily mess, my work is never without extreme intent. What to do with him, someday he'll understand a photog love story. My love, I raise a brow as I did in the second to last photo.... because I am surprisingly good for you.



-DM

No hallow tonight... I'm beat doing this shit.

5 Comments:

Blogger diana albright said...

I love the way you look in that B&W photo. That hat was made for the possibility that it would someday sit upon DM's head.

I also love all the others, and fully appreciate the worried loan - especially for that mink beauty.

Once again, hatstravoganza rocks!

7:56 AM  
Blogger DMorgan's Zoo said...

Thank you! While you own the arts and crafts world, I sit around taking pictures of myself and try to see how to tell a little story with them, normally resulting in a marital spat of "Can't you see I'm WORKING here!" crazed manner of artist nonsense.

8:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The black and whites are timeless. Quite lovely. Very romantic.

8:51 AM  
Blogger Saffyrre said...

I loved all the pictures. The ones of you in the veil hats the best. I love that you would always change your hairstyle to fit the hats, too.

Yay to BLD to allow you to borrow them for the evening to play. Love it!

8:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look timeless and beautiful. I can't wait to see Part Deux!

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home