Saturday, October 13, 2007

Hey Jesus, wanna buy a ghost?

Quandary.

I am all about reality TV trash and all the brain cell numbing it offers for one hour until another is presented to me. Salt and Peppa are rolling one and it left me with a strange countenance. YouTube was kind enough to refresh my memory on these two lovely ladies, but it did nothing for my facial expression.

In short, Salt has found god, and feels unable to perform their songs without modifying the lyrics because … I guess Jesus will be pissed. Peppa simply stared at her with a “for fucks sake” look, but went along with it. I also watched Peppa on Surreal Life and she is a sweetie, even performing the amended lyrics at Salt’s church much to her being scolded for performing how they are known to.

At what point does a person find religion and let it change them up? Were they fucked up before and give God credit (and money) to make them whole again? Near death experience? I really wonder what turns a person full circle like that. It’s grand to be spiritual, to be thoughtful and curious, but when it separates one from others who are not of similar thought, to me it becomes scary.

I made the mistake of telling my step mother in law that I had become a Reverend and also obtained a PhD in religion and the drool rolled from her mouth as though I was finally part of her coven. I admit to retreating back into my chair. Nothing about either document has made me any bit different, nor was it an achievement in attempt to sway others…. I believe she thought it was score one for Jesus, one more believer. Her presumption was simply my curiosity, but I am certain she does not see it that way. I like to know things I hadn’t, I admit to this particular interest being a change in my life, but by satisfaction of knowledge, not by allowing morphing into something I am not, and all too often people “find god” and it’s instantly implied that they are a good person and know their head from their ass. But I’m a Christian! Why thank you, now I know how far away to stand from you friend. Religion scares me. I don’t need God to tell me the fucking obvious of being a decent human being and how to comfort others. But lol, I do enjoy my certificates just fine.

Here is today’s video….. wanna buy a ghost? (thank you to BLD for the legwork).

-DM



Todays Movie: 1408
Plot: Writer stays in hotel room where 52 people have died, goes a little crazy.
Rating: Surprisingly good. My disk doesn't note which ending was in the theatrical version, so I have to follow up on that. Can't go too wrong with a Stephen King flick in October.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't really identify with the "finding" religion,but I've known plenty of people who have. I actually "lost" religion at the tender age of 14 (though it took me almost a year to figure it out). I had been raised Catholic, and up to that point, loved the Church and all that it represented. I truly miss the taste of communion wafers! When my favorite priest, Father Marshall, left the church to get married, my faith was shaken, and ultimately broken. I now consider myself Spiritual, but not religious. And I'm also an ordained minister!

11:28 AM  
Blogger diana albright said...

Ordinations abound.
And I too was raised Catholic and "lost" religion (in my late teens). My mother, who was the Catholic that raised me, "lost" Catholicism and "found" a Christian fellowship. She took my always-atheist father with her, and now his brand of "Christianity" is one that I can not embrace. I have remained outside the boundaries of religion (though I believe in God and feel that I even have a relationship with God) and now I "stand for everything" my father "hates in this world." Religion is scary sometimes.

11:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Religion has done vastly more harm than good. Millions have died for religion - whether it was due to holy wars or religious practices being forced onto them or saying this is my property because God said so. Billions that haven't died have been alienated, forced to leave their homes, forced to submit to bodily mutilations, forced to bare unwanted children, etc and so on forever, Amen. Oh but hey, it sure does give a lot of people a sense of comfort. It gives a moral map (because we all know secular people have no clue what morals are, statistics be damned). Whatever. Flimsy excuses for the rivers of blood. What's not to love? Oh and btw, I too am ordained.

1:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:11 PM  
Blogger DMorgan's Zoo said...

Comment deleted because BLD got clicky and thougt she needed to be heard twice as loud! Lol, go sista!

1:33 PM  
Blogger Saffyrre said...

ROFL that video was so cute. I finally had a chance to watch it today!

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home