Sunday, October 26, 2008

Four Leaf Clover


Interview today. I'm bathed and as hopeful as others have gone. Did my homework on their firm, google will tell you anything as it's kinda scary. I got two letters from the State on Saturday, and two obviously means NO! times two. Because I can't take the first hit without needing a second jab to the stomach right.

It has since re-sparked my love for writing people back and letting them know how idiot they are. The letter I am writing has nothing to do with being pissed I was denied, and wasted 3 hours of my time missing Price is Right. So... two letters, both completely form letters, but one was written to me and the other had a label.

Label was addressed to Jeri. Close. But not my name. Inside it was addressed to Nadine York. Nadine is out there somewhere (I do have her address now) having no idea she was poo-ed. For the LAST time can anyone figure out who I am? It's funny in the sense that I have one of the most common names on the planet, and even so, it's still getting fucked up.

The second letter told me the same thing it told Nadine, and I sighed for us both. Then I sent the Nadine letter with it's orignial packaging back to the State and pointed out she might want to know. And that uh, also .... to say I'm not qualified for a position on your staff, when your staff completely fucked up a simple form letter. Not just by mispelling my name, but giving me someone else's bad news. Well done.

Kylee heard of these letters and I handed them to her, thinking she'd just spit them out but didn't.

In fact I had to wrestle them from her explaining that it could be perceived that Mama was angry about them to the unemployment people. She didn't care and said she doesn't like anyone who doesn't like me. /cheese treat!

I took my costume pics, some of them, and they have come out well. We'll see, I'm not overly excited this hallow.

- DM

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kylee looks so freaking sweet! How can you stay mad at that mug?

Good luck on your interview.

I wish I could be there when they open your Nadine letter. My first interview EVER was at a newspaper and i interviewed terribly, and never even got a callback. But for years afterward I'd catch every damn error in that paper (and there were tons).

10:53 AM  
Blogger MissNev said...

Good for you for calling them on their shit! Best of luck at the interview. Let us know how it went.

11:25 AM  
Blogger DMorgan's Zoo said...

I know, BLD, it's difficult not to beat her soundly each day at 8am sharp. At least she's on my team, and that matters a lot at the end of a shitty "get lost" letter.

5:52 PM  
Blogger Saffyrre said...

Weird, I totally did not see this post last night! I think my computer is playing tricks on me...

Love that you pointed out the flaw in their system ;). I think you are overly qualified!!!!

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home